“Best BBQ in Britain”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 23 April 2014

As a student, this place is affordable, portions are generous, and the staff are great.

Price wise, it's on par with what you would expect to pay for a decent meal, but you get more than a decent meal.

How they manage to stay open given their prices and portions, are beyond me but you will not be complaining about leaving hungry!

The staff are all absolutely approachable and friendly. They're up for a conversation if the place isn't too busy and will have you both laughing.

It's rare, especially in Aberystwyth to have people in restaurants to actually care about the food. Normally you just get a bunch of apathetic students. These people care, and it shows.

Having been there several times over my stay as a student here I've had a good portion of the menu and can recommend the burgers, ribs, and pulled pork.

I'm going to miss this place when I'm no longer a student!

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Very welcoming atmosphere here on a busy weekend. We hadn't booked but the friendly owner was able to fit us in. The 4 of us had burgers and salmon with salad and fries. The coleslaw and tarragon mayo were great. Tasty, straightforward food which was just what we wanted. We recommend it!

Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

Visit backyard with family and I was blown away with this place. Great service and one of the best meals I have had in years. Quality meat, cooked to perfection and some great sides and slaw. Nice atmosphere, already booked for a return visit - can't wait!

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Was recommended this place by the hotel we satyed at (richmond hotel- great place!). So glad we ate here, it really was tasty and the portions are huge. Really good value for money and the staff are friendly and attentive without being in your face. Will be back next time we are in the area.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Went for a friends birthday at the beginning of March, and couldn't quite make my mind up about the place! The service was very friendly, and the guy obviously really enjoyed his job. The food was alright but for the price, quite expensive I thought - all of us went away feeling a bit peckish at the end!

They do take away as well which I'd like to try, and will return in a few months once they are more established.