I stayed here for 3 nights over may bank holiday with 4 friends and was very disapointed. We booked two sea views rooms, but struggled to see the lovely view for the bird poo all over the window. One of the rooms had a double and single and we all struggled to move in the room, let alond find somewhere to put our cases! The radiator was on constantly and the mechanism to turn it down had been broken off, where as the window wouldn't close in the room next door so that one was freezing. Our shower room was very dated and the water was either boiling hot or freezing cold. Toilet flushed when it wanted to. The room was extremely dirty - clearly not hoovered or dusted, the bin hadn't been emptied and i actually found decaying food in one of the drawers. During our stay the electricity cut out on our floor, when we informed reception staff were extremely rude and simply replied "what do you want me to do about it?". after speaking with another member of staff, the electriity was sorted...an hour and a half later.
On the plus, good positioning. Food ok. Overall, i would avoid this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cardigan Bay Guest has been extensively renovated and is currently under new ownership. We offer a variety of rooms, many with sea views and ensuite facilities. We aim to offer comfortable low cost accommodation. The guest house offers uninterrupted wonderful views over Cardigan Bay where Dolphins can be viewd on a regular basis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Cardigan Bay Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cardigan Bay Guest House Hotel Aberystwyth
- Cardigan Bay Guest House Aberystwyth, Wales