“chips”

Aberystwyth Park Lodge Hotel
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Aberystwyth
Reviewed 15 March 2013

My second trip to this hotel, was to make use of the restaurant for a meal, again I go for the chips they are the best ever. The restaurant as always is pleasant, the waiters are smart, and know their job.

Room Tip: If the ground floor and restaurant are clean and pleasant then I am sure the rooms are just as good.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Aberystwyth Park Lodge Hotel

Reviewed 14 March 2013

Helpful staff. Quiet. Good food. Good power shower. Fairly clean apart from window frames are quite grubby under the net curtains. Next to a small retail park. Nice comfy sofas to relax with friends.
Would recommend for an overnight stay.

Room Tip: Ideal to stay when you are en route to somewhere further.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 March 2013

The room's are really bland and a lot of light was let in through the curtains with people going to McDonald's, not great if you're trying to get a child to sleep and was very much not worth the price.

Breakfast was quite disappointing bland scrambled eggs on toast with no butter and cheapy sausages.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank maglona_12
Reviewed 22 February 2013

I would normally stay in the Nanteos Hotel in Aberystwyth, however I was informed that they did not open on a Sunday or Monday during the winter months which came as a surprise

So I contacted the Park Lodge Hotel who confirmed my booking at £70 for 1 night including breakfast which seemed good value. And I have to say that although not as luxurious as the Nanteos it was very comfortable, with a good and varied menu for the evening meal and an excellent breakfast. I would stay again

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 February 2013

I stayed here at the begining of Feb for two nights on business and was very impressed. The spacious room was spotlessly clean, quiet and provided more than enough towels - the bed was so good I wanted to take it home. The en-suite was of a very high quality. There was a tray with quality tea & coffee and all the usual little extras. The staff were exceptional and were attentive with requests. I was with a group of 10 people and we were well catered for. The only slight negative was the breakfast was served in the the bar - but there was a superb choice of options. Suitable for individuals or families - highly recommended.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 February 2013

Sadly I had to bury my lovely mum on the 13th Feb. She lived in Aberystwyth so I rang Parc Lodge and booked the Wake. Throughout the week I kept ringing booking bedrooms the ladies
on reception were always happy cheerful nothing was to much trouble!!! We arrived went up to our room which was really lovely, clean and fresh. We decided to go down to get something to eat. The room had tables and chairs where you could eat or there were a few settees if you wanted to relax. The menu was very extensive we were really spoilt for choice. When the food arrived you could see it was freshly made. The portions were large and absolutely delicious. Staff were attentive pleasant and nothing was too much trouble.
The next day we had breakfast which was multi choice freshly cooked. After the funeral we came
back to Parc Lodge and we were shown to a room which was set out with tables and chairs covered by pristine white tablecloths. To our left were a couple of tables laden with sandwiches
cakes etc and there were a couple of ladies stood behind ready to offer tea or coffee. Every time
the food was eaten it was replenished from the back thus it was always fresh no sandwiches turning up at the edges here. There was also a bar for those who wanted it.
Checkout was smooth and easy. I would definately stay at this hotel again it was 1 million percent user friendly. I have to thank SARA (and her colleagues)for a stress free visit.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 February 2013

Stayed at Aberystwyth Park Lodge Hotel for two nights in early February. The staff were all efficient and keen to please. My room was pleasant, warm and well equipped. The bed was extremely comfortable and all bedding was to a high standard.
I was with a party of people who dined together each evening. The food was enjoyable and served by efficient staff who were attentive to our needs.
Breakfasts were cooked to order with a wide choice available.
The free WiFi worked well in my room and there was ample desk space and power points for charging laptop, phone and cameras.
Nowhere is perfect however and I found that the device on the bathtaps to operate the shower couldn't be persuaded to work so I just enjoyed taking baths instead of showers and the other thing I must mention is the rather unusual toilet roll holder which was supposed to work by means of a spike which went through the centre of the loo roll. The loo roll in my bathroom kept escaping from this device so it was a case of just not replacing it into the holder. Not a big problem but obviously a bad decision if all the bathrooms are so equipped. I also noticed a small area of floor between toilet and the bath that hadn't been cleaned properly – soon sorted with toilet paper and brought up to the standard of the remainder of the room and bathroom.
All in all I would highly recommend this hotel which has ample parking and in a convenient location on the edge of the town. Frequent bus services into town run from just across the road at the Morrison supermarket.
I would be pleased to stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends