“Outstanding once again. ”

Aberystwyth Park Lodge Hotel
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Aberystwyth
Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

We've visited this hotel several times over the past years and the welcome never changes. Absolutely brilliant. The staff go out of their way to do all they can for you. Even providing a company minibus to take you into town should you need it.
Look forward to seeing you next year. Thanks from the Bikesafe team.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 11 November 2013

I use this for my overnight business stays for it's location, parking, and general availability, but I also note that it is used by lots of families and tourists travelling around Wales and no doubt parents of students. The staff are great, friendly and accommodating, the rooms are good basic fare, clean, comfortable without being luxurious and a decent bathroom. When working it's good to be able to park up safely, get to your room, shower/change and then walk downstairs for a decent meal.

Room Tip: Rooms are fine and quiet, possibly one at the back may not have the bright outside lights but all sh...
Reviewed 1 November 2013

A good quality modern hotel, rooms swart and comfortable, food in the restaurant very good and reasonably priced, good friendly staff too. Only small drawback is the distance form town , just a bit too far to walk.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank DGRIBBO
Reviewed 1 November 2013

The hotel is lovely, big room, lovely shower. It just lacked "something" for the price. The bin in the bathroom was on my arrival full of the previous occupants empty things and there was only one sachet of tea and one of decaf coffee. They were emptied/filled up the next day, but first impressions count!! The breakfast was ideal, but the evening meals were poor. I was on my own so didn't want to venture out, so I had no choice. I would have had more flavour than my lamb chops with seriously watered down mint sauce and bullet frozen peas if I had walked across the road to the MacDonalds. A place I never frequent. Meal one, pate and toast with chutney - ok - but had the same thing the next night as they didn't have my other choice. Surprise this time no chutney!! They need to up the anti in the meal situation to match the premises. Wont stay there again, sadly as it was in an ideal spot for work.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

I am giving the hotel 4 stars instead of 5 because our room was incredibly noisy - above the kitchens and suffering as a result. However.... the staff were incredibly helpful and the breakfast was superb. The staff sorted our problem albeit the next day to our satisfaction. Overall we would stay again - but would ask for rooms overlooking the car park or the road. Thank you for sorting out our issues so helpfully.

Room Tip: Overlooking the car park or the road.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Sarah A
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Had a nice stay at the Park Lodge, the room was big enough for three of us, nice and clean and plenty of facilities. Plentiful and tasty breakfast.

The only downside is that the walls are a bit thin and we were kept awake most of the night by very noisy neighbours. It sounded like different people each time the talking/laughing started, but I was assured by reception that it was just one couple.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank welshlady22-11
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I have recently stayed at the Park Lodge Hotel on 2 separate occasions . Although the hotel appears modern from the outside the inside is more older style. Bedrooms were a good size and frunishings were dated but I beleive added to the feel of the hotel. My only suggestion would be that the bathrooms do need a bit of looking at. During both stays my rooms were the right side of the hotel (Rooms 12 and 18) which from listening to other colleagues were much more quieter rooms not sure whether this was due to heating/A/c unit noise. We received a warm welcome upon arrival, staff were very helpful and friendly. Rooms were spotless and the restaurant is a must. Simple changes to meals caused no problems and the staff seemed to know when to come over and when to leave us alone. Some rooms are in need of a few repairs but nothing major and definitely a hotel I would return to.

Room Tip: Rooms quieter in the section where rooms 12 and 18 and 22 are.