Queensbridge Hotel
US$133
US$151
PremierInn.com
  • Beachfront
All reviewsqueens bridgehotel locatedbreakfast was buffet stylecoffee and hot chocolateposter bedlots of hot waterstorage spaceroom was lovely and cleana great sea viewa lovely staythoroughly enjoyed our stayweekend breakbay windowyogurttoiletriespromseagulls
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 June 2012

my wife and i had a nice welcome when we booked into the hotel the room was very nice sea view the breakfast next morning was exelent the only drawback we had was the noise from the ajoining property's during the night from the students .

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2012 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel for one night. very friendly and brilliant position with a sea view. Really good buffet breakfast including full English. would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank denhamcs
Reviewed 5 May 2012

My partner and I decided to visit Aberystwyth for the weekend and booked into this guest house as unfortunately the one we desired to stay in 'Gwesty Cymru' was fully accommodated. We arrived outside the guest house and I immediately made my first impression of what was expected of our stay ,I may be rather ignorant as a book should never be judged by a cover but how true I was,the exterior of the building appeared 'run down' and required some renovation ,a man was outside the doorway smoking who we later discovered to be the owner -rather unprofessional I thought .We proceeded to meet the owner who was friendly ,but didn't even escort us to our room,requested payment prior to us even inspecting the room, the rooms were the basic standard of cleanliness ,the windows did not shut properly , noisy to say the least could possibly hear a pin drop from the neighbouring rooms,no privacy whatsoever.The cooked breakfast carvery had a varied selection -hence I would have preferred quality of food rather than quantity,The location however was superb,but will not be gracing this establishment anytime soon.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
19  Thank Elin T
Reviewed 29 April 2012

I arrived at the hotel at 6.30pm but there were no staff there, just a sign that was very hard to spot, telling me to ring a mobile number. Orange reception was poor so I went outside to phone. The front door had a bucket full of fag ends in it by it, and the paint was peeling from the doorframe and the door. There was free car parking outside which is good. Nothing was open in the hotel, not the fully licensed bar, nor the lounge.

The guy came in less than ten mins and checked me in. He said his fax machine was broken so he wasn't aware of my booking! He said he had let the receptionist go early as it was quiet and they wouldn't be coming back. I was shown to my room, outside it was lying an old matress. The room was fine, double bed, coffee and tea, though the tv was hard to use, with a separate box as tv reception was so bad there. I later found an instruction book in a drawer which would have helped. The bathroom was ok with some toileteries. There was zero orange and vodafone reception in the room, the guy said it was because the walls were so thick.

I was concerned about security as no reception staff were around, the front door was left unlocked all night and the yale lock on my door was loose and didnt give confidence. I slept with the chair against the door all night and didn't sleep well as I was worried. In addition, the alarm clock had been left by the staff or previous occupant to go off at midnight, which it did, and I it took me ages got back to sleep.

The guy who made the breakfast was so noisy I was again woken at 5.30am by him banging and clattering around.

At breakfast the food looked nice but the plates and dishes looked dirty and unclean with grease marks upon them so I didn't eat anything. Breakfast was in an airless cellar which was generally musty and stank of grease.

The public areas such as corridors were very dirty and dusty, the carpet needed a good clean, there were loads of bits all over it.

Overall it was a terrible stay and I would not stay there again.

Room Tip: Don't stay there! A high floor room might avoid being woken by the breakfast preparation and you might feel more secure
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Martin-F-UK
Reviewed 11 April 2012

Very very dissapointed, although the room was clean, the room itself was in need of major building repairs. There was a huge bulge on the outside wall which had been wall papered over but a crack was very evident, the windowsill in the bedroom had dropped and the window only closed properly at one end, the other end was open. The bathroom window didn't close completely either and the tiles were blown on the outside wall. Although I appriciate that this was an old building you could hear every movement from the guests upstairs and as the walked up and down the stairs. The shower in thee morning was cold, really cold, and when my husband had his the water ran out completely! No one at reception in the morning to complain, Bar....full of bed linen and was not open, didn't stay for breakfast wanted to get out of there

Room Tip: Do not stay in room 4
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple