All reviewsscotch eggwelsh rarebitthe blue roomsea viewboutique hotelsea frontsmall hotelwalk in showerfull welsh breakfastlovely little hotelthe ground floorlovely bathroomcardigan bayan evening meallocal producestayed for one nightfirst floor
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Just popped over to aberystwyth to see my grandaughter . As we were going to the
Arts Centre to see a great comedy show , I had requested sandwiches and a pot of tea. Well can I say the welcome was lovely and the sandwiches were fantastic. nothing was too much of a problem. My grand daughter came for breakfast twice and dinner on the saturday evening. Service was great , food was fabulous and the atmosphere great. I had a single room but it was the tops with a great shower and a lovely cosy bathrobe and slippers. couldnt ask for more
Great location as well thank you to all at Gwesty Cymru

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Hazel A
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I travel extensively and am rather particular when it comes to hotels. All I can say is that the hotel is a real gem on the seafront. I really appreciated the little touches - the extra towels (which were huge, white and fluffy), the robe and slippers. What made this place spectacular, though, was the food. Very generous portions, reasonably priced and delicious. I had a fabulous dessert - peanut butter cheesecake with banana and salted caramel ice cream. It was to die for. And chef gave me the recipe! For breakfast, the smoked salmon and scrambled eggs was perfect, the cold buffet choices extensive and the coffee was great. The service was amazing, and the manager was obviously very diligent and caring about his guests. I've stayed elsewhere in Aberystwyth and have been very disappointed. When I got home, I immediately booked my next two visits at the Gwesty Cymru. I've rarely been so thrilled to revisit a hotel again. Thanks so much to everyone there.

Room Tip: Choose a sea view if possible.
2  Thank Jonsey52
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Excellent hotel and an amazingly good dinner as well. Would definitely recommend. Can't fault this hotel at all. Good service, good location and outstanding food. Would definitely stay again. Can't think of anything else to say!

1  Thank Richard G
Reviewed 6 October 2013

A warm and genuine Welsh welcome set the tone of my stay. My room was at the rear, but the seafront rooms have great views over the promenade and Cardigan Bay. The room was compact and very tastefully designed and decorated with teas and hot drinks supplied by a Welsh company. Excellent wi-fi connection. Great bathroom with rain-shower and Gilchrist and Soames toiletries. Great for both leisure and business, with free overnight parking on the promenade. The owner checked me in and we spoke in Welsh, so all the staff I came into contact with after that all spoke Welsh with me from the off - a nice touch which suggests excellent team work and an eye for detail.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea-facing room if available
1  Thank LumCardiff
Reviewed 6 October 2013

we, four of us, stayed here for 3 nights. the location of the hotel was perfect, on the sea-front, near to the pier, and just a short walk to the shops and other restaurants. we thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. the staff were all very friendly, helpful and efficient. the cosy rooms were very clean, and we had beautiful views of the promenade and sea ! the food was excellent, enjoyed by one and all, both at breakfast and dinner.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family