All reviews scotch egg the blue room sea view welsh rarebit boutique hotel sea front small hotel walk in shower full welsh breakfast lovely little hotel the ground floor lovely bathroom cardigan bay an evening meal local produce stayed for one night first floor
Reviewed 1 September 2018

Welcome: Excellent.
Room: No 6 was clean and tidy.
Staff: Friendly and engaged.
Food: Very good/
Bed: Good
We arrived at the reception and were greeted well, we were shown to our room where there was a bottle of bubbles as requested (birthday).
Facilities in room were good, however I would have appreciated a bottle of Welsh Water.
Supper was delicious, Scotch Egg was a great starter,
Bed....good, comfortable.
Overall impression, 9/10
And now the downside, NOT THE FAULT OF THE HOTEL...4am to 530am NOISY NOISY nude, drunk revellers on beach.Police nearby did have a look in but walked away after-theybhad other duties in fairness but I would have expected firm words to have been said. ADVICE...take ear plugs or gat a room at the back! OR hotel to put in double glazed sash windows. When noise mentioned it was "ah, Friday nights eh"
So there we are, a nice hotel, staff speaking Welsh-good to hear. Would I go back, yes(with conditions)
VFM: Ok its good location. The bulk of the seafront is scruffy!!

Room Tip: Take water and ear plugs
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

Both my wife and I have been trying to get into this hotel for a long time and the wait was well worth it. We stayed in Room 1 and the room was clean tidy with excellent views of the prom and sea. The staff were excellent and welcoming and made us feel right at home. The breakfast menu was excellent a fantastic choice and the full Welsh was quality over quantity and I certainly didn’t want it to end. We have already booked for next year for Borth carnival weekend and hoping to stay here again before next August. The only thing I can add to make it a little better is a couple of bottle of water apart from that 110% again thank you Gwesty we have a new base in Ceredigion.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dazza146
Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

Gwesty Cymru is possibly the best hotel in Aberystwyth. Seafront location. Lovely clean rooms. Welcoming staff. Reliable WiFi. Great breakfasts, although perhaps light on vegetarian options at the moment. I’ve not had lunch or evening meals there yet, but people I know who have rate it highly. Be wary of the single room at the top - toasty in winter, uber hot in summer!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

The hotel is just in front of the sea and less than 5 minutes walk from town center and castle. This makes it a perfect place for a tourist. The rooms are new and the overall hotel is in good shape. We also stayed at the hotel for dinner and had a really nice evening with view on the ocean and excellent food. The complimentary breakfast was also very good.
If not willing to stay here to sleep make sure you will have at least dinner here.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 01649409
Reviewed 22 July 2018

Stayed in Room 5 on the first night and Room 4 the second. 5 is at the back with no sea view but was perfectly acceptable but 4 is stunning. Large bay window where you could sit and watch the sun go down with a glass of wine - which we did. Staff were really pleasant; the front outside drinking/eating area was great (couldn't see anything similar along the front); the food - dinner and breakfast - was great. The issue about parking is valid but you can't blame the owners for that. I'm staying again.

Room Tip: Room 4 is brill for sea views and space.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple