“Hidden Gem”

The Olive Branch
Ranked #29 of 148 Restaurants in Aberystwyth
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, View
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
uk
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed 21 October 2012

WE LOVED THIS PLACE.

With sea views and plenty of seating it is a fantastic place to eat.

The staff were attentive but not over bearing, ready to answer any request.
The food was very quick to arrive and every bit as tasty as it looked.
I had the Stefado which was excellent, but the salmon was better I was told by the person opposite who was devouring it.
The Souvlaki was equally as well received as the other meals.

I was nicely surprised to find that they sell genuine Keo beer fron Cyprus also.

Upstairs it looked as if there were quite a few tables for two set out,so it looks a nice place for couples to enjoy.

Overall a great place to eat.

Visited October 2012

Lancs
“traditional greek”
Reviewed 21 October 2012

My husband and i popped in here for our lunch and were very pleased, a good menu selection, nice ambience and polite staff...we had a greek salad and were impressed ,even though its simplistic it was good.My husband having lived in Cyprus and Greece was impressed and it takes alot to impress him lol If we were in Aberystwyth again we would go and visit this restaurant !

• Visited October 2012
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Do not go to this restaurant”
Reviewed 9 October 2012

We had the misfortune to find ourselves in the olive branch restaurant over the weekend. Do not go to this restaurant it is rubbish, the food was tasteless and not presented well, the staff were not very good and we found the overall experience not a pleasant one.
It was also very overpriced and not worth the money paid.
I do not recommend this place and I certainly will not be going back.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank Michelle G
Halifax, United Kingdom
“Delicious and lovely atmosphere”
Reviewed 26 September 2012

Had a beautifully prepared meal here with my daughter. We both said we will come back here. The atmosphere was brillliant really freindly family atmosphere, wide range of customers. Would definitely recommend and will certainly be going back.

Visited March 2012
“Fairly good”
Reviewed 24 September 2012 via mobile

Lovely atmosphere.
My starter was lovely-filo pastry and feta cheese, but my main course-salmon- was dissapointing. I ordered a traditional dessert that was far too sweet and it was served with ''squirty cream'' which made it even seewter. I asked for some yoghurt to go with it instead but the waiter refused. Overall a fairly average meal. was dissapointed not to get the yoghurt! :(