“Fabulous selection of food”
Review of The Olive Branch

The Olive Branch
Ranked #30 of 150 Restaurants in Aberystwyth
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Aberystwyth, Wales, United Kingdom
“Fabulous selection of food”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I went to this restaurant one Friday evening and was pleasantly surprised. The staff were really pleasant, the decor was comfortable and the options from the menu were vast. The friendly staff were more than happy to 'translate' the dishes so that I could make a good choice toward what I may have liked. The food was very tasty and the whole experience was worth the effort. I'd go there again without a second thought. Satisfaction was high on the list and The Olive Branch in Aberystwyth ticked nearly all the boxes. On the down side there was no Greek beer

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“My favourite restaurant”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Been here many times - it's one of the highlights of our visits to Aberystwyth. The food is authentic and delicious, the decor and atmosphere are pleasant and evoke the eastern Med, and the staff are always friendly and welcoming. I hope to visit many more times! :-)

(Note: Some meals are gluten free. Please ask them for information. I am a coeliac and have personally had no problems with the food.)

• Visited May 2014
Crewe, United Kingdom
“Enjoyable experience overall”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Rather surprisingly, my partner had never been to a Greek restaurant before. Staff were found to be very friendly; service was quick; and food very enjoyable. Whilst we found what we wanted on the menu ok; have to say I would have liked the choice of a Meze main course, as I have sampled elsewhere.

Having looked at some of the other reviews (particularly Geoff N), can only give my opinion on the points he raised:

1) I too was disappointed that they never had Greek beer, despite Mythos being shown on the menu. We opted for wine; this too wasn't what we really wanted; I think it was Spanish

2) was surprised that there was no card payment; good job I did have cash ! This should have been spelt out beforehand

3) Both service and the quality of food was good

• Visited June 2014
“Olive branch - should be white flag!!”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Where do I start? The place looked closed on arrival, there was no Greek beer despite being on the menu, the waitress insisted on telling us about the soup despite the fact we didn't want any (there wasn't any!!!), service was shockingly slow, it took 4 attempts to get a jug of water and the card payment wasn't working.
The belly dancer was good though although not sure how it fitted with the Greek theme.
Avoid

Visited March 2014
Cardigan, United Kingdom
“Authentic and delicious”
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

Popped into Olive tree at last minute as disappointed with a nearby restaurant and was very pleasantly surprised.

The food was delicious, everything was homemade, all the sauces, the bread everything...except the wine. It felt like authentic Greek food as we've enjoyed on holiday any times.

The service was exceptional from the Greek owners to the American waitress, nothing was to much trouble, everything arrived as ordered on time and with a smile.

The atmosphere was very nice too, a little rustic perhaps, but with a beautiful sea view, live guitar music and plenty of room to sit.

A totally enjoyable meal, tasty, authentic with good service and a lovely location