“Good food and a pleasant non-studenty pub”
Review of Salt - CLOSED

Salt
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: Bar
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner
Description: Salt is located just a short walk from the beautiful seafront of Aberystwyth overlooking Cardigan Bay. We are a bar and restaurant with an upstairs function area that is free of charge and can cater for parties, business meetings, buffets and many more occasions. Our famous Gourmet Burger menu takes pride of place behind our bar along with which we also serve traditional pub favourites, scrumptious desserts and a childrens menu. We serve cask ales with a regular guest ale along with an array of bottled ciders, lagers and soft drinks alongside our cocktails which are 2-4-1 all day everyday! We look forward to your visit.
Reviewed 19 September 2012

My partner and I often go to Salt for something to eat before a night out, the service is always very good and friendly and the food usually perfectly decent pub food, much better than Varsity or Weatherspoons. It's done out nicely inside and is never full of rowdy student types and we will keep coming back.

Reviewed 19 July 2012

The food here is truly bad, every time I've gone (mistake I know!) I've been ill, I will not return here, the staff are surly too (is this indicative of Aberystwyth perhaps).

Reviewed 15 July 2012

Needed somewhere to eat on a Sunday evening in Aberystwyth and were not disappointed. Good food, quickly delivered with a smile. Both main meals satisfied appetites and matched description on menu. I had homemade lasagne made with Welsh beef served with a fresh salad and could taste it was real meat. Husband had a cajun chicken burger - he also commented on the quality of the meat. Good value for money.

We only had one course but if you were looking for a starter and sweet this should satisfy larger appetites. Chose to sit upstairs and it was a relatively quiet evening.

Would recommend and return.

Reviewed 12 July 2012

Decent food (and I can reccomend the Sunday roast) and a good service, although most (but not all) of the food seems to be focused on burgers which, admitedly, is what they are renowned for. Quite pricey though but not outrageous as the portion sizes are decent and the food is quite good.

Reviewed 14 June 2012

Some of the worst service I've experienced anywhere in town, and the food didn't make up for it either. Beer was awful, determined that something was wrong with the pump. Granted they did apologize and offer us a different one instead. We had burgers with fries and asked the waiter for ketchup, ten minutes later no sign of him or the ketchup (they are slow as a general rule, but this was even slower than usual) so my partner went downstairs to get some, got some from another staff member, and then our waiter reappeared at our table practically shouting at us that we hadn't asked for ketchup! Shocking. We haven't been back since this incident. They need to sort out their staff situation. We'd been four or five times before with groups and had had similar problems with drinks and food but this was the last straw.