“Great!!”

Ranked #87 of 147 Restaurants in Aberystwyth
Price range: US$8 - US$18
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Groups, Cheap Eats, Bar Scene, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Buffet, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Newly refurbished, The White Horse is a contemporary yet traditional pub, just seconds from the beach and minutes from the train station. The business caters towards locals, tourists, families and students, and offers fantastic value, real pub food and great value drinks. You can purchase drinks from coffees, to wines, to world beers and traditional cask ales.
Saundersfoot, United Kingdom
“Great!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

It was great, had a fun atmosphere and the service was top notch (: Food was quick, hot and plenty of it (: Recommend the curry!! :D

• Visited January 2014

• Polish first
Lampeter, United Kingdom
“Not great”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

Long wait poor service food was very basic and the quality was poor. Tables were dirty I will rather go hungry than visit this place again

• Visited December 2013
walsall
“Could not be bothered staff!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

Went for lunch with family of eight, fryer wasn't working but staff didn't tell us, four if the meals we ordered were not available, the bar person who was trying to take our order was also trying to take a notice off a beer pull at the same time with a screw driver, so in the I couldn't be bothered to stay in there and put up with the ignorance. Not on our own on this one, at least another ten people followed us out also. Steer well clear .

Aberystwyth, United Kingdom
“Disgusting customner attitude from your supervisor "DAVE"”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2013

My wife and I visited this establishment for the first time this afternoon for lunch and waited a very long time to be served,even though it was not that busy with clients requesting food.....which, we now know why....
We had to pay up front for what could be loosly described as a meal that was served to my wife....the HUNTERS CHICKEN looked as if someone had sat on it, thrown it on the floor and had baked it dry....My fish batter was overcooked and the chips undercooked and hard....but I had not eaten for a long time...so ate it......my stomach still aches as I type.
My wife complained to a member of staff who shrugged his shoulders and took it back to the kitch,returned and said "thats how it comes in here" and threw it back onto our table and walked away....my wife asked for a plate to place "the mess" onto and that was thrown by its side...she proceeded to eat her chips which were, like mine,undercooked.No apology was made with the attitude...TUFF YOU PAID FOR IT...THATS WHAT YOUR ARE GETTING......
When my wife are her chips, another member of staff came to collect the plates and asked if everything was okay as my wife had left the hunters chicken......."Yes, we had complained,but it fell on deaf ears" He asked who we complained to.....we pointed out the cocky pratt to him.....who was slumped by the end of the bar....The chappie went to see why we were told thats it................He did not return with any explanation, we then saw the waited running into Boots the other side of the road as we left disgusted.....we asked him the name of the cocky guy and he said he was the supervisor and his name was DAVE....Well "DAVE" you need some lessons in customer care matey...You are RUDE and should not be anywhere near any eaterie with your attitude.
Needless to say...our first and last visit to the Varsity Aberystwyth....DISGUSTING ATTITUDE.......Pay AFTER you have received your meal....or WALK OUT and go elsewhere!!

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank AlanHughes
“It's a seaside student pub so don't expect the Ritz.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013

Cheap a reasonably cheerful. Arrived in this place at about 6:30pm on a Saturday eve, so quite quiet. Fed myself and the wife for under £20.. Choice of real ales , reasonably priced. Second pint was served in a chipped glass. I told the barmaid and she just tipped it into another glass.. Though that was a bit poor. Should have poured a fresh one, in my opinion but couldn't be bothered to argue.

Managed to sit in front a large screen TV to eat our food, which arrived quickly, watching rugby match... Just like home.. Decided to move on when it started to fill up with evening trade. Couple of large groups of guys turned up and took over the bar area so noise and language levels went up.

• Visited November 2013