“Best place in Bangor ”

Y Garth Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bangor
Y Garth Guest House
Ranked #4 of 24 Bangor B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 February 2014 via mobile

Les and Rita are great host. Everything was just perfect. They are happy to accommodate requests (like my bike as I took some time to enjoy the great Welsh outdoors) and still the most competitive. I am back for sure.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank bbatiz

Reviewed 7 January 2014

Bangor was an unknown place before knowing Les and Rita, the Y Garth Guest House landowners . My daughter and I arrived at Manchester airport on September the 15th, 2013 after a long, tiring journey started in the centre of Italy. Les, picked us up and drove us to Bangor. A pleasant and easy journey by car and a friendly conversation along the way. Y Garth Guest house is in a very central position, The rooms are comfortable, warm and clean. A good breakfast is served in the morning. But above all you can find there very welcoming people, ready to help you with any information and useful suggestion about what to see and what to do in town and in the beautiful area. My daughter was going to spend 6 months at Bangor University and she didn't have any accomodation yet, and Les helped us, with his precious advices, to find the right solution in a very short time. When, after five days I flew back to Italy leaving my daughter in Bangor I had a very positive feeling. The unknown place had become very familiar and I promise I will visit North Wales again, Bangor, and expecially Y Garth Guest House with the fantastic Rita, Les and their family.

Antonella Sannipoli & Elisabetta Regni Gubbio (Pg) Italy

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank ElisabettaRegni
Reviewed 2 October 2013

I've spend 5 days at Y Garth B&B with my daughter who was looking for an Accomodation in Bangor for a few months. We are Italians, we did not have much time to find the right place and we didn't know anybody there, but when Les, the landowner, came and picked us up at Manchester airport, I felt that we had met a very friendly, welcoming person, ready to help us and to give us good advices. When we reached Bangor by car, Les drove us around, just to give us an idea of what Bangor is like, really helpful! The guesthouse is nice and tidy and there is a very familiar atmosphere. With Rita, Les' wife, his daughter and grandsons you feel at home. The location is perfect because it is on a central road but at the same time very tranquil. Near the romantic victorian piar, 5 minutes walk from the station, the town centre and from Bangor. University. We also met very interesting people inside the B&B coming from Germany, France, Greece. In the end my daughter moved to a nice accomodation, with a German girl met at the B&B, I'll surely visit Bangor and the surrounding area again with my family and now I know where to stay: at the Y Garth GuestHouse.

Room Tip: Our room with three beds was looking the front side, with a large window, very tranquil!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank antonella s
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Les and Rita, the owners, welcomed us for 11 nights. They were very helpful and gave us a great room. The location is great and the place so quiet. Les was always willing to practice his Spanish with me. Thank you very much!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ManuLaManga
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Nice and clean rooms; Y Garth is perfect for a week end or a long stay. It is next to the marvellous pier of Bangor and very close to the city center and university.
Less and Rita are wonderful landlords.
Enjoy your stay!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank zayghel
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I have recently been to Bangor with my son, where we stayed at Y Garth B and B. The choice proved to be the right one, as the accomodation combines a lot of pros. The small, family run hotel is a central location with very easy access to all main directions [university, Pier, shopping center, bus and train station e.t.c.] The owners, Les and Rita, are friendly and helpful people who are doing their best to ensure a comfortable and pleasant staying. The room was absolutely clean and cosy, while tasty full English breakfast was unforgettable. Many thanks and best wishes to Les, Rita and their nice family.
Penelope N.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Penelope N
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Just returned (1st-6th August) from a very enjoyable walking holiday on Anglesey, where we stayed at Y Garth B&B in Bangor. This proved to be excellent accommodation being within easy access of all the local amenities (bus station, train station, shopping centre, etc.) and principal attractions (Bangor, Anglesey, Caernarfon, Llandudno, etc). The B&B which was clean and friendly was run by Les and his wife Rita. Les, a local character, kept us amused and informed with his stories and anecdotes. All round a very enjoyable stay,
Gareth and Gemma Jenkins