“Pleasant accomodation”
Review of Bangor University

Bangor University
Ranked #5 of 38 things to do in Bangor
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed in Bangor University Halls of residence for 2 weeks while I was working at Bangor Driving Test Centre. I was pleasantly surprised by the standard of the rooms I was given while stating there on two separate occasions. Rooms were spotlessly clean with en-suite. A comfortable single bed. Plenty of storage space for clothes and personal items. No tv in the rooms but free wifi allowed me to use my ipad to watch tv program's. Very high quality wifi. Rooms were cleaned daily and fresh towels were supplied daily. Plenty of free parking and I was in block Q so I was able to park my car right outside my window. 24hr security was reassuring with regular foot patrols around the university grounds. Very reasonably priced at under £30 per night and for an additional small charge breakfast is available in the canteen. I would definitely stay there again.

2  Thank Lance P

Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Like so many of us, we need to prepare ourselves for our children's lives away from home. We put Bangor Uni on our list of 4 to visit because of the excellent reputation of the Psychology dept. On the day we met Professors, students, helpers, lecturers. Nothing was too much and the Uni itself was truly superb. Great facilities, terrific library, excellent Halls...my son now has a nice headache ahead of him. Did not realise that a third of the residents of Bangor were students...that is a high proportion but it helps to make the place very student friendly place, I guess.
Well worth the visit if studying is high on your child's list.

1  Thank Quiet_n_Warm
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I am a third year student studying psychology. Bangor university is one of very high standards with friendly staff and a great reputation. The location itself it beautiful and is close to alot of bigger cities.

3  Thank CodyAllen2013
Reviewed 4 April 2013

I studied music at Bangor University and I thoroughly enjoy going back year after year to have a walk around.

The people in Bangor are always really friendly and the views from the university balcony are stunning!

1  Thank ceames85
Reviewed 20 February 2013

It's a wonderful place to study
Great resources and magnificent buildings
The people are welcoming and friendly
No one can keep me away from visiting

5  Thank cymraescymruambyth