This place could be great - and maybe on a good night with the staff in a happier mood it sometimes is: but not when I was there.
As I booked in (at about 20.30) I was told the bar would close soon: I managed to get two pimts. The woman behind the bar seemd more interested in the man chatting to her than she was in serving anyone else ( slightly embarassing for everyone). The room was small and cold and the bathroom wasn't too clean. But the person serving breakfast was very helpful giving me directions for my next destination in the area,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Abbeyfield Hotel is a homely and personal hotel with restaurant, situated in the city of Bangor in Gwynedd, within walking distance of the National Trust property, Penrhyn Castle. Abbeyfield is an ideal base to explore the beautiful and varied North Wales area. In its several centuries of existence, it has been a Coaching Inn, a Farmhouse and since 1968, a privately owned hotel offering a high standard of comfort and friendly hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Abbeyfield Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Abbeyfield Hotel Talybont
- Abbeyfield Hotel Bangor, Wales