“a satisfying experience”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Bangor, United Kingdom
“a satisfying experience”
Reviewed 12 May 2013

Went to this place once with a few friends for the buffet and was not dissapointed although the food was a little on the cold side but it was quiet. I was also dissapointed that plain rice was not in the buffet and had to be purchased separatly but eveything else was nice. service could be friendlier but overall a nice establishment and would visit again.

• Visited March 2013

Caernarfon, United Kingdom
“Oh Dear”
Reviewed 21 April 2013

We were very disappointed. I booked our table for 7pm. Showed to our table on time. Asked for half a pint of Lager for one guest, he was driving. A pint was served. We had to wait for what seemed an age for the Starters to be 'topped up', no Onion Salad, Lamb Tikka, Poppadoms. The Veggie Samosas were horrible. To be fair the Curries were really good, but why so many Chicken Dishes? Lamb Bhuna only alternative to Chicken. No Naan Bread either and even though I am not keen on Rice I felt that I couldn't wait forever for some Naan. The Waiter collected our Glasses and put his finger in 'The Husband's' glass by mistake, he bought a fresh glass of Diet Coke(impressive) Oscar's is still a bargain at £10 head and we will be going again but please, Starters are important to your Diners, make sure we have some, pretty please.

• Visited April 2013
North Wales, United Kingdom
“Decent Food, Overpriced Drinks, Poor Service”
Reviewed 25 March 2013

I'd been here before on a weekday and had a decent experience. I was told that Fri/Sat were the best days to go, so went back with a group of friends.

For the price, you can't complain about the food - although some of it did taste a little funky. The drinks are also overpriced (about £3.40/pint). It's also has nice decor as one of the other reviewers mentions.

My main gripe with the visit was the service though. We walked in, and there was no one downstairs to greet us, or even on the bar. We had made a reservation, so we made our way upstairs and got pointed towards our table. No smiles or anything - we seemed like quite a burden. It's quite a shame, because the first time I visited we had the pleasure of being served by an amazing waiter. We got given our drinks, and that was the end of our exchange with the staff. We assumed we could start the buffet and hopped to it. No offer of refills for our drinks, or checking on the meal. The staff also turned up the music so loud that we couldn't speak with each other. We ended up leaving pretty quickly after that.

Overall - disappointing. But if you don't mind the bad service then it's not bad value for money. Just skimp on the drinks and go to a pub afterwards. There are definitely better curry experiences elsewhere in Bangor though.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank benjhd
Caernarfon, United Kingdom
“A Bargain, taking Sis next week.”
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Oscars is the only Buffet Restaurant in Bangor and it is excellent. The Staff are so attentive and the decor is great. The selection of food had something to please everyone, even a fussy twelve year old. My Sister is visiting next week and this will be the first place I take her to. My Sister lives in Birmingham, Curry Capital of the U.K. and I think Oscars is going to impress her. I might even get 'The Husband' to drive so the 'Girls' can have a Cocktail or two. If you want a fantasic meal out for a Tenner, Oscars is your place.

• Visited February 2013
Island of Anglesey, United Kingdom
“Another fantastic buffet meal!!!!”
Reviewed 1 December 2012

Our 5th time at Oscars and yet again we had a brilliant night. Food was superb, fresh and hot with lots of Curry dishes to choose from. Staff were brilliant, a special thanks to Sumon (Simon as my husband Martin calls him) for making it a special night. Premises are spotlessly clean, including toilets. Kitchen has open view in, so you can see food being prepared fresh. Another great night out with our children in this clean, modern and friendly eating establishment. Cant wait to go back again soon!

• Visited November 2012