“Gaynor's good in the kitchen”
Review of Eryl Mor

Eryl Mor
Ranked #45 of 161 Restaurants in Bangor
Cuisines: British
Epsom UK
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Gaynor's good in the kitchen”
Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed here two nights again. For me this its an ideal place to stay, reasonable, friendly and reliable and very well situated. Tonight is Valentine's night and Gaynor is in the kitchen and I was served up the best shank of lamb replete with ample vegetables including excellent cauliflower cheese. I gather she usually presides only over Sunday lunches.

Bethesda, United Kingdom
“good food”
Reviewed 7 December 2013

lovely sunday lunch, plenty of it. mashed roast and new pots. Inside needs updating. lovely views, slow service at bar and for payments.

• Visited November 2013
Bangor, United Kingdom
“Disaster!”
Reviewed 22 September 2013

I`ve been going here a few weeks for sunday lunch recently and the food and service has been very good, However it all changed, the waiter accidentally spilt my roast dinner all over me which burnt me and made a mess on my clothes,also gravy went all over the wall beside me, then the owner came with a dirty tea towel and started to wipe the side of my plate with it and gave me one square paper towel to clean myself up. I admit accidents happen and the waiter couldn`t apologies enough so i didn`t make a big deal even though i was annoyed. the owner didn`t offer a refund, a free dessert or a an offer to pay for my cleaning bill, also no accident book was filled. we also asked for mint sauce twice which we got as we were finishing our meals. It`s a shame but i will not be going here again and i don`t recommend anyone else to go there either, it stinks of damp anyhow!
And the little guy with the glasses wasn`t there today and he is really good.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank guy301
Caernarfon, United Kingdom
“Sunday Lunch”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Had a lovely Sunday lunch today. Melt in your mouth roast beef and gravy (you could also have pork, lamb or turkey) roast, mashed AND new potatoes, cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, peas,mashed carrot and swede. We asked for extra gravy which was duly supplied. Very quick service and friendly. You were asked if we wanted a large or a small portion so we went for the large - I haven't eaten as much for a long time. Tap water again was free. Fantastic value for £6.50. I would recommend that if you want to eat in the conservatory you should book beforehand. The view from there is beautiful. We were seated inside which was fine, ok in need of a bit of a makeover but highly recommended. They also do takeaway food.

• Visited September 2013
Maryport, United Kingdom
“2 or 3 star?”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Can't remember if this was 2 or 3 star to be honest. Room was quite small and pokey. Where I saw other rooms which were much nicer. Luck of the draw I suppose. Good grub and nice staff however overlooking The Menai Straits, Anglesey and the Pier!!

Visited July 2013