“Beautiful room and views!”
Review of Eryl Mor Hotel

and 1 more site!
Eryl Mor Hotel
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Bangor
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“Beautiful room and views!”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I stayed here by myself for just the one night, though I would have loved to stay longer! The room I stayed in (room 15) was on the top floor, and although there were a few stairs to climb, the view looking over the bay was beautiful. My room was just as lovely, with nice décor and all the promised amenities.
The only bad things that I can say is that the bathroom is a little dated (I'm sure they are getting round to refurbishing it to match the bedroom!) and the wifi in my room was a little intermittent, but that's probably because I was far from the router.
In the evening, I decided to have a meal in the hotel restaurant. I was quite surprised that it wasn't busy. I decided to have a roast dinner (It was a sunday!). The food came out fast, the portion sizes were large and the food was tasty! Definitely good value for money.
My breakfast in the morning wasn't as big, but it was just as tasty.
Checking in and out was easy, great service.

I would definitely stay here again and I've already recommended my friends who also stay in the area often!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We stayed here for one night (Fri 15 August) because we were walking up Snowdon the following day. We were shown straight up to our room which us was clean, tidy and well presented with beautiful views over the Bay. Because we had the dog, they served breakfast for us in the Bar so we didn't have to leave her in the room which was very good of them. Breakfast itself was served hot and fresh and was very nice.

Room Tip: Room 8 overlooks the Bay
Coton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Not suitable for the less agile steps and staires everywhere. Our room on the top floor had a lovely view, and overall was'nt that bad.But the bedding was not fresh and the pillows and covers
needed replacing.The breakfast was very greasy only had the one during our stay, it was something on toast after that.We had two evening meals there the first average to poor, the second meal mixed. My meal was good [ sweet chily ] my wifes meal was probably the worst she
has ever been offered, and it took an hour to come. My advice would be is to eat out.On the plus side we found the staff very pleasant. We wont be going back!

Room Tip: ask for a sea view its the only plus for this hotel
2 Thank gwyn h

Travellers are raving about these Bangor hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Good: great view over Menai Strait and bedroom was quite nice.
Cooked breakfast was quite nice.

Bad: Common areas of the building that contained our bedroom were terrible! Old, faded, dirty carpet on stairs and hallway. Paint falling off the walls. There were dead leaves on the stairs in the same spot for our 2 day visit.
The string for our bathroom light in was filthy.
Wifi signal in our room was almost non-eixistent.
No TV remote control in our room.
Breakfast waiting staff were grumpy and not welcoming. They got quite angry with some non-English speaking guests that were trying to order breakfast.

I would not return - no reason to anyway because Bangor is DEAD! nothing of interest in that city.

Room Tip: Ask for one with wifi signal that works.
1 Thank AGMxyz
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel is dire. We were booked in for 2 nights at £85 per night and left after one. It's so old and dated it's like going back to the 70's. Bedding was marked and smelled unclean and customer service at breakfast was sadly lacking. Only thing going for it was the view of the pier. Wanted to check out as soon as we'd arrived, it's truly horrible.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lynne S
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed for two nights.The staff are very welcoming and helpful.The room was clean and tidy and well serviced. The breakfast was of a good quality and served quickly and with a smile. The decor is looking a little tired and needs brightening up.Felt that the price we paid for the room was a little too much for the style of hotel.

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank jono2345
Cheshire, UK
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Location 'adjacent' to Bangor pier and 10 minutes walking distance to the town made this quite attractive.

Staff were friendly but the accommodation and breakfast / dining facilities very tired.

Shower unreliable, lots of steps - all in all you will likely find better value elsewhere.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Brian P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bangor
Premier Inn Bangor Hotel
#4 of 5 in Menai Bridge
Gwesty Carreg Bran Hotel
Gwesty Carreg Bran Hotel
#1 of 1 in Llanfairpwllgwyngyll

Been to Eryl Mor Hotel? Share your experiences!