“great value friendly and efficient staff”
Review of Caffi Deiniol

Caffi Deiniol
Ranked #12 of 15 Coffee & Tea in Bangor
Reviewed 9 May 2013

my friend and i visit Caffi Deiniol at least twice a month and always recieve a warm welcome the food is excellent value nicely presented and good sized portions the staff what can i say they are great always friendly and nothing is to much trouble for them well done Caffi Deiniol

1  Thank lbro9

Reviewed 28 March 2013

During the recent school holidays I went out for the day with the kids and we found ourselves in Bangor at lunchtime. We decided to stop off at Caffi Deiniol which is lcoated in the former National Milk Bar premised in the Deiniol Shopping Centre. Initially we had a bit of a problem...the place was full and there were no free tables. Of course if an eating place is so busy that tends to be a good sign so we waited and after about ten minutes a table was vacated. I ordered the special of the day, lasagne, my oldest daughter went for the kids chicken strips meal and my youngest insisted on baked potato with cheese and beans from the adults menu (she has a thing about baked potatoes!). In addition I also ordered an Americano coffee and two milkshakes.

After a reasonably short wait the food arrived. The lasange was tasty and a decent sized portion served with oven chips (which I don't mind and given the price certainly couldn't complain about) and a fresh side salad. The kids chicken meal was very good value for money and the plate was happily cleared. And the baked potato...I recently wrote a review of Nino's cafe in Rhos-on-Sea in which I commented about how all their filled baked potatoes cost in excess of eight pounds. The Caffi Deiniol baked potato cost a fiver less than the Nino's equivalent and it was a huge potato with plenty of filling and a side salad. I think Mr Nino needs to get himself down to Bangor and try one of these then reconsider his pricing policy!

As for the drinks, the Americano was nice but perhaps it would have been nice to have got a bit more as the cup only looked about two thirds full. The milkshakes were great and served with a topping of whipped cream and at £1.20 were excellent value for money.

If you can find a table in this cafe I'd certainly recommend it as a place for excellent value for money and friendly and efficient service.

1  Thank ArthurBrainCell