“great food”

Ranked #24 of 157 Restaurants in Bangor
Price range: US$5 - US$24
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Welsh
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

Stayed over one night en route to Ireland, lovely hotel and a great restaurant/bar. The food was very good and staff very attentive. In my notebook to use again when on a similar trip. Little gem!!

• Visited October 2013

Oxford, United Kingdom
“University visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

I brought my daughter to Bangor to have a look around the University. We stayed overnight in the Abbeyfield Hotel. We enjoyed an excellent meal. My daughter chose the Sea Bass and I chose the Salmon. Both meals were unexpectedly superb in good sized portions. I doubt we would find better meals in a Michelin starred restaurant.
Another plus was the Orme bitter from the tap was also of good quality and very enjoyable.

• Visited March 2014
Warrington, United Kingdom
“Food exceeded expectations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

Initially we had plans to go out for our evening meal, but so glad we decided against it, great choice on the menu and the specials board was better than the normal choice of dishes you usually see. Certainly in the top 10 meals out in the past 12 months. so well done.

• Visited April 2014
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Abbeyfield Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

For business reasons I had two overnight stays in the hotel and had a meal in the bar/restaurant on both occasions. The menu had balanced options to cater for most tastes. When the food arrived I was not disappointed. It was very well presented, very tasty and great value. I would recommend visiting this venue if you enjoy good food and a good atmosphere.

• Visited February 2014
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great food, selection, and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at The Abbeyfield Hotel for 9 days while attending a local woodworking class at the close by Penrhyn Castle. I ate every night at the Abbeyfield Restaurant, and thoroughly enjoyed every meal. The menu selection is varied enough to appeal to a variety of tastes. In addition to customary pub fare, there are several unique appetizers and dishes that I did not expect to find in North Wales. Everything I had was tasty and what I would expect from a fine restaurant. Service was friendly and attentive while maintaining a casual, relaxed atmosphere. I never did figure out how they came up with such great cuisine at a quaint little inn in Bangor, but there it was. If I ever have the chance, I will definitely go back.

• Visited February 2014