“Dog friendly bar.”

Cuisines: British, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

Excellent staff, both mine and my girlfriends meals were delicious. Dog allowed in the beer garden. Warm friendly atmosphere.

There are newer reviews for The Feral Cat

Reviewed 4 April 2014

Really excellent food, good atmosphere, central location, attentive staff giving prompt service, definitely go again.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

I went to Feral Cat last week for a meal with my Fiance, we decided we were quite hungry so opted for 2 courses each. I had the mussels, while the mussels themselves and the sauce was very tasty, i would say around half of the mussels were already out of the shells, leaving a lot of shells empty, which is fine... but quite a few shells were also broken, a little annoying..... Fiance had the Chinese Chicken strips salad for starters... which was a generous portion and really tasty!
For Mains I had a Chicken Ceaser Salad (no anchovies) which was one of the best I've had, and my fiance had the beef burger with cheese and bacon. It came out looking quite sloppy, a lot of chips and so sign of salad garnish. He bit into his burger only to find it cooked (or not) RARE. He refused to make a scene and complain. He wasn't ill, so that's fine.
Lastly, the service..... while the waitresses are very pretty, maybe some training wouldn't go a miss? One waitress was taking orders without a notepad (classic mistake and predictably forgot an item we had ordered), while another would come to the table after we had ordered our food, BEFORE it was on the table to ask if we needed any sauces or anything... a little bizzare i think.
Anyway! Good Food, ok service, and GREAT cocktails will ensure we return..... maybe ask for the burger well done next time?

Reviewed 6 March 2014

Visited on a Wednesday night in February, arrived just after 17:30. Staff were friendly and courteous but not enough of them. Seemed to be 3 on front of house when we arrived. There was on large table reserved, another large party arrived just after us (8 or 10). Another guy seemed to start his shift around 6pm.

We were given the specials menu, but had to ask for the kids menu. After a couple of minutes we were asked if we were ready to order. I made the mistake of saying no and it took over another 15 minutes before we could get our order taken. We were about to leave. Order was taken, mains were slow to arrive. I'd asked for cheddar cheese on my very tasty chili burger. It came smothered in mozzarella. When asked if everything was alright, I decided not to mention this as I didn't want to wait any longer.

We ate, all enjoyed our food. TASTY! Good quality. The kids were having desert, this took about 25 minutes to arrive. People on one side of us were advised it was about a 20 minute wait for food. Another group of diners to our left who were also advised this eventually got up and left after waiting some time for their order to even be taken.

Great place,good quality tasty food. Good value, they even offer a 20% student discount. Let down by slow service on this occasion but very pleasant (if overworked staff). Maybe the owner/manager perched at the end of the bar could have lent a hand, it might have made a difference? The staff were certainly doing their best, but over 2 hours for very nice burger and chips, a couple of drinks and desert for the kids was just too long.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

After many mixed reviews about what was previously "The Fat Cat", we were quite cautious about visiting this establishment.

Thankfully our fears were unfounded. We just walked in on a Friday evening and luckily they had a table available. The menu was limited, but they had a "specials" menu which we ordered from. The waitress's were efficient (if a little loud when talking to each other) and attentive. As for the food, well we were not disappointed, considering it was busy, the food arrived promptly and was delicious. The large portion size left no room for dessert!

Considering how many people tried to get a table and had to be turned away and that the bar was also busy it looks like the Feral Cat and it's staff have turned the business around. It seems it's THE place to be as other establishments in Bangor were mostly very quiet.

Would definitely visit again, phoning to book a table would be advisable on a weekend.