“A little gem”

and 1 more site!
The Garden Hotel
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Bangor
Reviewed 10 August 2013

I've eaten at the Garden Restaurant a number of times over the years but didn't realise it was also a hotel. From a trip advisor search the name came up and I took the plunge. The room was spacious, very clean and modern. The staff extremely helpful and welcoming. Parking at the rear was a little confusing to find and basically it's a bay at the back of the restaurant. It's also a few minutes walking distance from the train station. Will certainly stay again. Best to book directly with the owners. Great to support small local businesses rather than chains. The food is wonderful too.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
8  Thank Sian G

Reviewed 9 August 2013

The restaurant is really nice, the food is delicious whatever you have, good price, staff are really friendly and helpful would definitely come here for a meal again. Also cater well for large numbers of people and are party-friendly.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
8  Thank Kim239
Reviewed 3 August 2013

I missed my last bus to PEN-Y-PASS and have to find a place to stay in Bangor. Cheapest I saw online (Phone internet) was around a 90quid for local hotels/BnBs. I got paranoid that since it was a short notice period to book online, it may not be acknowledged so I decided to do a walk-in instead. Unlike the nearby hotel that looks loud due to a pub on the ground floor I decided to enquire at The Garden Hotel. First thing I asked was the price, it was cheaper than the price I saw online.
Deborah, offered me if I want to move into a bigger room because the people who reserved it did not turn up. Who does not want a bigger room? The best bit was, I was not charged extra for it.

Room was big, really quiet, quick access to the train station. Helpful staff with a smile (this should be an example of a service most UK hotels must have).

By the way, Deborah asked her sister who came later that evening to bring her iPhone5 charger so I could charge my phone. Now thats what I call doing an extra step for quality customer service.

Room Tip: I only stayed in one room, Rm 27. Big, cozy and quiet even if its by the road..
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
10  Thank kamandagcom
Reviewed 21 July 2013

I stayed here at short notice with family as we'd travelled to the local hospital following a family members emergency admission. It is only 10 minutes from Bangor Hospital.

The room & hotel were one of the cleanest I think I've ever stayed in! The staff were very caring and even kept our wine and put our ordered evening meal on hold when we had to suddenly return to the hospital.

The evening meal was in the Cantonese restaurant and it was really tasty food. It was busy but they ensured as guests we had a table. We enjoyed a freshly cooked full English and a choice of buffet breakfast also the next day with plenty of choices.

Room Tip: I would ask the staff where to park as it's tricky to get in at the back but they will guide you...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
10  Thank Penelope015
Reviewed 30 June 2013

I stayed in this hotel which is very conveniently located close to Bangor train station last night! I told the friendly owner/manager to expect me around 10ish but unfortunately due to circumstances beyond my control (train was terminated at Llandudno and I had to travel the rest of my journey by bus) I did not arrive until the early hours of Sunday morning. Nevertheless the owner was so friendly and welcoming, the room was immaculate, the bed comfortable and the biscuits on the tea tray were delicious!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
6  Thank 1tracy1
Reviewed 10 June 2013

I greatly enjoyed my two night stay at the Garden Hotel. The staff were very friendly and extremely helpful (allowing me to store my luggage at the hotel even after the check-out time, etc.) The room itself was spacious and clean, with a large television, en-suite bathroom, and a kettle. Plus, the hotel is one-two minutes (at most) walk from the railway station, and very close to the city centre (where you can get buses to Llandudno, Conwy, Caernarfon, and Anglesey). Overall, the location is brilliant and the staff were some of the nicest that I have encountered during my time travelling abroad.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank phoenixrising44
Reviewed 10 June 2013

We (3 friends) had a 2 night stay in a family room at Bangor this weekend. The room was lovely and clean, fresh white linen bedding, lots of mirrors, pleasant decor, exceptionally clean as was the ensuite. I have to mention that the staff were brilliant, they were friendly, accommodating and couldn't do enough for us to make us feel welcome. You couldn't help but notice that all the staff had smiles on whenever you saw them.

The hotel went the extra mile by helping when one of us forgot our mobile charger by charging the phone for us. The room size as quite adequate, plenty of storage and price included continental breakfast or for an extra £3 a full English breakfast, sausage was a little on the cheap side but not enough to mark down on such a petty point.

I would like to mention that the hotel is on the main road so if you are at the front of the hotel you will hear the cars, which is only to be expected given the hotels brilliant location. It's a great base to explore Bangor being only a minute or two's walk from Bangor Station.

Room Tip: As hotel is on a main road expect some road noise if at the front of the building.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank DebbieAC
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bangor
1 mi away
#2 of 5 in Menai Bridge
Gazelle Hotel
Gazelle Hotel
#3 of 5 in Menai Bridge

Been to The Garden Hotel? Share your experiences!