“Garden Hotel visit in August 2006”
Review of The Garden Hotel

and 1 more site!
The Garden Hotel
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Bangor
Surrey, United Kingdom
“Garden Hotel visit in August 2006”
Reviewed 17 September 2006

I stayed at the Garden hotel for 2 days this week while on business. I needed to book a hotel quickly and the found a few positive reviews so went ahead, I was also drawn by the thought of the cantonese restaurant in situ.

Booking was prompt and efficient and I sent an e-mail confirmation request, which was promptly replied to. the car park is at the rear of the hotel and from its size would struggle to accomodate all guests if they arrived by vehicle, although I nited that a train station car park a short walk away was available.

Initial impressions as you drive around the rear of the hotel is not that positive, the road is largely unmade and the area tatty. Check-in was prompt and I was shown to my room. I was pleasantly surpsrised by the room, it was quite large and very tidy and clean. The en-suite shower room was as the same quality as the room. The decor was modern and the furniture of a good standard. My room was at the front of the hotel, which is adjacent to the main road into Bangor so was quite noisey if you had the windows open.

I ate in the restaurant on the first night and to be honest I thought it was a little on the expensive side when compared to the quality of the food. We have a good choice of chinese restaurants in the area I live in and cost against quality I thought is better at my local restaurants. I would rate the food at about 6/10. The restaurant service was fine as was the surroundings.

Breakfast was fine with a choice of cerials and hot food cooked to order. Overall the room was pleasant and very very clean and tidy and the restaurant food was okay.

• Stayed August 2006
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank Fordy105

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Rugby, England.
Reviewed 12 March 2006

I have stayed in most hotels in Bangor and this is by far the best. As as result, I come back year after year and the owner Andrew remembers us every time. The hotel is also a Chinese restaurant (which I also recommend). The rooms are clean and well decorated. The customer service is top notch and the staff are very friendly and accommodating. The hotel is situated opposite the cinema in lower Bangor and is esaily visible from the train station.

11 Thank Jacqs14
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bangor
Premier Inn Bangor Hotel
#5 of 6 in Bangor
Tyn Rhos Country House
Tyn Rhos Country House
#1 of 1 in Llanddeiniolen

Been to The Garden Hotel? Share your experiences!