“Great value”

Baytree Lodge
Ranked #9 of 22 Bangor B&B and Inns
“Great value”
Reviewed 11 April 2011

I stayed at the baytree lodge last month and overall I found it to be good value for money. My room was en-suite and had a very nice LG flat screen TV which I later discovered had been fitted in every room. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was your usual full English. Overall i would recommend the baytree to anyone.

• Stayed March 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Bideford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 April 2011

I stayed here for one night to pick up my son from university the staff was very friendly and helpfull. The room I stayed in was very clean and comfortable and the shower was wonderfull. I will definitely stay here again as a matter of fact I already booked my return trip.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 March 2011

I stayed in The Baytree Lodge recently and couldnt of enjoyed my trip more.The manager Stephanie was really friendly and helped us through out our stay,whether it be booking us taxis,or making us reservations to supplying us with wine glasses or extra pillows.
We had a lovely double room which was clean and warm,the bathroom was spotless.The value for money was great and i would highly recommend it to anyone.The tvs were great flat screens on the wall with REMOTE.
The breakfast was good and Stephanie would cater to whatever you liked if you didnt fancy a full english.
The location was great and close to the town and university.Snowdon mountain was only 15 minutes drive and was spectacular.
I enjoyed it so much that i have booked again for the summer.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
cambridge uk
Reviewed 14 September 2010

I have been making a few visits to Bangor university and so I stayed at Bay Tree twice last year and am just booking in again for 2010. I feel that I had to write a review to stick up for Bay Tree Guesthouse a little on this forum! :-) Yes it's a little bit rough around the edges but for £25 a night I really have no complaints and am happy to re-book. For me this guesthouse is economical and easily located within walking distance of the town - I also get a freshly cooked hot breakfast included in the price. As a solo traveller I was glad to feel secure in the guest house and most importantly - warm! On my last visit to Bangor I thought I'd "treat myself" and pay an extra £20 a night for a different guesthouse only to be unable to sleep as the room was freezing! If you're just after a room to crash in whilst you go out and about in Bangor and the surrounding area and you''re on a bit of a budget I think this is a good option.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled solo
London
Reviewed 25 June 2010

I stayed in the baytree at the start of the year and must say i had a lovely stay.On cheeking in myself and the party found the staff really nice and freindly.Stephanie book use a table at the boat yard inn , She said it was very well liked, and she was right.The rooms we stayed in were nice clean.Very well funished and was great that after a hard day each one had a bath.Each room had digital t.v with remotes . I had a great nights sleep.To then wake up to one of kathys lovely breakfasts that set me up for the day.The dining rooms were clean and seating very good. Great stay will defo be back.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
Hampshire, England
Reviewed 9 November 2008

I read a review about this hotel written in 2006 and hoped the problems mentioned would have been resolved. Unfortunately there appears to be no change from that vist. They still only accept cash on arrival, the cleaning was adequate in the bathroom but unsatsfactory in the bedroom, and the breakfast was obviously produced using the cheapest ingredients possible. On the plus side the rooms were warm and the showers excellent. However, I would not stay there again, nor would I recommend it to anyone else - I hope that Bangor has better to offer at that price.

• Liked — Position
  • Disliked — Breaffast, Cleaning, impersonal atmosphere
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
Leicester
Reviewed 29 October 2008

Friendly staff, but it's all a little bit run down. Room we were in was mostly clean, but cobwebs on the ceiling (and the associated spider every now and again). Damp in the bathroom didn't look too good either. One or two holes in the sheets.

Breaky was OKish for a fry up, athough the sausage looked a tad Tesco Value-esque. I'd stick to the scrambled eggs, tomato and bacon (mushrooms tinned) if I were you. Instant coffee.

Good location, close to town, the University and the seafront. Would recommend The Boatyard just along the way for food and a pint.

• Liked — Staff
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bangor
Eryl Mor Hotel
#3 of 5 in Menai Bridge
The Management Centre
The Management Centre
#1 of 10 in Bangor

Been to Baytree Lodge? Share your experiences!