“Extremely friendly B&B”

Ranked #10 of 24 Bangor B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Extremely friendly B&B”
Reviewed 22 February 2013

From the moment we arrived we were warmly greeted and made to feel most welcome. Our room had 2 double beds which were extremely comfortable and although the decor was a bit tired, the room was warm and spacious. Bathroom was also a good size with large bath and powerful shower.
Breakfast, served with a smile and nothing was too much trouble.
I felt like I was visiting a friend and hope that they will have a vacancy when I visit my daughter again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Reviewed 22 January 2013 via mobile

This is a small town with not many choices. Once you accept that, you can be certain that this place is value for your money. I arrived late on a Sunday evening because the trains from London were delayed. Stephanie (inn keeper) waited for me. She was very pleasant. Recommended a place down the road to grab a bite. The room was clean and comfortable. This place has not been updated in a few years and it doesn't need it. For me, it felt like I was staying at a relative's house. Not my personal taste but it works. Typical Welsh breakfast. Close to downtown. Wifi worked great. I am recommending this place to my son who plans on visiting here.

Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 November 2012

The staff were lovely, very friendly and helpful. The decor was quite dated and a bit rough around the edges but my room and bathroom were spotlessly clean. Due to my booking being moved from the Y Garth Guesthouse I only paid £30 for an ensuite double at the Baytree Lodge whereas on their website this would normally cost £65, which could be a little bit steep for the quality. The breakfast was served promptly and was decent enough for a budget B&B.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 November 2012

When we arrived at the baytree in September 2012 we were greeted my a very nice lady when shown to our room it was very small. The bathroom had chipped tiles and the shower was a dribble, there wasnt a hair dryer so please pack one. The towels were very very small more like a hand towel which were very thin and worn so again please take your own. the room was very dated. The breakfast was ok but the cup had a chip in it and again had seen better days, as to would I stay there again its a no sorry, would look elsewhere.

Room Tip: make sure when you ask if you can swing a cat in it
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lovetoholiday186460
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 22 July 2012

From day one my family felt like we were at home. Everyone was lovely! The service was excellent! They were accomodating, kind, and met every need and even more! The best way to describe the people and Baytree....the ones who go an extra mile. Customer service is always important and we got the best service one could ask for :)

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank CharleneSebastian
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 July 2012

I stayed here for one night. At first glance the room would do what I wanted. I didn't spend to much time in the room, it was clean apart from cobwebs around the window. The bed was alright but didn't get the best nights sleep, mainly because I'd just have to chase a spider out of the room. Breakfast I missed because i had a lie in. Staff was really friendly, cannot fault the lady who welcomed me.
Would I stay here again? Maybe, depends on cost of other places around.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
Dukinfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 June 2012

Very warm welcome. Breakfast was really good. Would definitely stay again. Easy walking distance to the Pier and into the city. The only thing I would complain about is the Towels. Too small and thin. Everything else perefct.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bangor
The Garden Hotel
The Management Centre
The Management Centre
#1 of 10 in Bangor
Ashbrook, Bangor Boutique Bed and Breakfast

Been to Baytree Lodge? Share your experiences!