“Do not waste your money....”
Review of Baytree Lodge

Baytree Lodge
Baytree Lodge
Ranked #9 of 24 Bangor B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 July 2013

Beware this B&B.....poor, poor, poor!!! We stayed in room 10.... Could barely turn around. Very depressing...no bedside lamp, bathroom door dragging on floor, floor tiles in bathroom loose, no where to hang towels, and generally substandard for the amount we paid. BELOW BASIC. May be good for students on a very limited income but NOT FOR TOURISTS!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Evelyn C

Reviewed 29 June 2013

enjoyed our stay, received a warm and friendly welcome from Peggy...room at the front was fine, very clean but yes a bit cramped when moving around but was no big deal..towels were very thin but having red previous review we took our own
bathroom was great very spacious, fully tiled..shower was very powerful and nice and hot.
breakfast no problem with it...very good, plenty of it, the bacon was nice and thick unlike some cardboard that some hotels serve and nicely cooked as was the whole breakfast
cant understand the negative comments.bear in mind its not a 5 star hotel, for what we paid felt we had good value, great location for town and pier, very easy off road parking and a very friendly helpful Peggy !

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 April 2013

I and my friend have stay here for one night.
Room is relatively small as well as the bed.
But location is near Bangor tier as well as Bangor centre

Breakfast is very good. Staff is very friendly.
I'm quite enjoy the time in north wales.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank DavidZzzz
Reviewed 22 February 2013

From the moment we arrived we were warmly greeted and made to feel most welcome. Our room had 2 double beds which were extremely comfortable and although the decor was a bit tired, the room was warm and spacious. Bathroom was also a good size with large bath and powerful shower.
Breakfast, served with a smile and nothing was too much trouble.
I felt like I was visiting a friend and hope that they will have a vacancy when I visit my daughter again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 January 2013

This is a small town with not many choices. Once you accept that, you can be certain that this place is value for your money. I arrived late on a Sunday evening because the trains from London were delayed. Stephanie (inn keeper) waited for me. She was very pleasant. Recommended a place down the road to grab a bite. The room was clean and comfortable. This place has not been updated in a few years and it doesn't need it. For me, it felt like I was staying at a relative's house. Not my personal taste but it works. Typical Welsh breakfast. Close to downtown. Wifi worked great. I am recommending this place to my son who plans on visiting here.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 November 2012

The staff were lovely, very friendly and helpful. The decor was quite dated and a bit rough around the edges but my room and bathroom were spotlessly clean. Due to my booking being moved from the Y Garth Guesthouse I only paid £30 for an ensuite double at the Baytree Lodge whereas on their website this would normally cost £65, which could be a little bit steep for the quality. The breakfast was served promptly and was decent enough for a budget B&B.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 November 2012

When we arrived at the baytree in September 2012 we were greeted my a very nice lady when shown to our room it was very small. The bathroom had chipped tiles and the shower was a dribble, there wasnt a hair dryer so please pack one. The towels were very very small more like a hand towel which were very thin and worn so again please take your own. the room was very dated. The breakfast was ok but the cup had a chip in it and again had seen better days, as to would I stay there again its a no sorry, would look elsewhere.

Room Tip: make sure when you ask if you can swing a cat in it