“Good value hotel”

Baytree Lodge
Baytree Lodge
Ranked #8 of 24 Bangor B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Clean friendly hotel close to town centre and Snowdonia.Good breakfast and very friendly staff. Went to Bethesda to do a great zipwire ride which is only 8 miles away.Town very quiet but some good pubs.Great for a quiet relaxing break.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Debra S

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Stayed one night. Nice size room and very clean. Good location with free car parking. Very friendly staff at reception and at breakfast. Breakfast OK but not fantastic. Stay was OK, nothing at all to complain about just didn't feel special in any way, though that may be because it was full so felt a bit like a hostel as it was full of students. (all well-behaved, no issues, just affected the atmosphere.... perhaps I'm just grumpy and old?)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cowbag
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I recently stayed one night in this B and B. Ideal location for me.The lady who greeted me when I arrived was very welcoming and carried my suitcase to my room. The room had what I would call a 3/4 bed and a single, and other bits of furniture making space tight, had two of us been staying then I'm sure we'd have had to take it in turns to move around the room! Double sets of towels were available. I had a good nights sleep despite being at the front of the B and B. Negative points were having to put the kettle on the floor to access a plug and no mirror other than in the bathroom so I had to blow dry my hair using an extremely small compact mirror I had with me! Need a mirror in all rooms.The bedlinen in the room appeared quite new but both the room and the bathroom really need some TLC. Breakfast was OK. I would have liked to have been advised of what was available for me to choose from and what I wanted as a full English but overall the Baytree met my needs for one night.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We have a 32year old daughter with learning difficulties she can not sleep in her own room as mentally she is 5/6. There was no problem booking a family room at Travel Lodge, but to sY it was disappointing is an understatement, I have mobility problems and the rooms were the furthest point from the reception desk, it took me 10 minutes to get to the room, the decorators were still around so I could not have used my mobility scooter. The room was extremely small for a family room, I do not think a cot could have safely been erected and I was very glad to leave the following morning. The room was clean and tidy but lacked any sort of "warmth" I was really rather disappointed.

Room Tip: I feel the whole Hotel is poorly planned, no lifts for either staff or visitors, miles to walk for f...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Marian1945
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Me and my wife regularly travel through bangor for work and usually stop of to rest, we found baytree lodge to be the best hotel we have stayed at so far, the service was great, the manager was warm and friendly and felt welcomed straight away, the room was really nice and had great fittings and fixtures, the location was literally two mins from the station, and round the corner from bangor pier, I will definitely be making all my future stays there.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank HaiderAli22
Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

What a great little place to stay, a slightly older style b&b.

Upon arrival we were greeted by the landlady who was extremely friendly and welcoming. We'd been hill walking (like a lot if their guests I'm guessing) so we're especially tired and looking fairly grubby. We were shown straight to our rooms.

My room had a door to the front conservatory. The front conservatory is closed off after 9pm as the front door is locked. The conservatory then essentially became mine. The rest of the room was basic, but had a comfortable double bed and an en-suit with a bath. I dived straight into the bath as I knew that all of my friends would be wanting the hot water. It transpired that we were all showering and bathing at the same time and there was plenty of hot water.

The local pub did late dinner and is about a 3 minute walk away.

The bed was comfortable and warm and I had an excellent night's sleep.

That conservatory fell into common use again the next morning. Subsequently I suffered having to listen to a gentleman take his breakfast in there while enlightening someone on his 'phone about the imminent electrical alignment of the earth. Fortunately a simple close of the door was enough to shield my ears from his unscientific opinion.

Breakfast was served until 9 and was a full English in the dining room. It was simple but very nice.

We were only there for one night, so paid and left after breakfast.

The thing that really took me back in time was the price. It was about the same as I was paying in the mid 90's for the same thing.

I'm definitely staying there again when I'm next in the area.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank StaysinHotels
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I have just been reading a couple of reviews about the bay tree and the owner, which I find nonsense, I agree with mrs morrell, rooms are very clean and large enough for what you require, bathrooms are well equipped. Beds are spotlessly clean and very comfortable. I have been to the bay tree on several occasions and never had cause for concern. Breakfast in the morning is very well presented and very tasted. Orange juice,toast and marmalade, then a full fry up, just what you need to start your day. As for the staff and owner, nothing was too much trouble for them, very nice friendly people. I don't normally right reviews but after reading a couple from January 2014 and march 2014 I felt I needed to. Will definitely keep on using. First class owner, staff and b&b. thankyou

Room Tip: Room no 1 is a lovely room
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple