“i will go back”
Review of The Boatyard Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bangor
The Boatyard Inn
Ranked #12 of 24 Bangor B&B and Inns
“i will go back”
Reviewed 2 August 2011

I stayed here for 2 nights. The view was amazing, good beer and the staff were very nice. Good breakfast. My fave part was the food in the evening I would recommend it!

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank sealovergaga

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Reviewed 11 July 2011

There are only 2 good things about this bnb. One is the view and the second is that the breakfast was edible. Kid cycling around the breakfast area was slightly off putting but then I really started to worry when he got hold of a lighter. We were then chased down the road accused of not paying when we already had. So very bad

• Stayed July 2011
3 Thank Ilovellandudnox
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 November 2010

The last time I visited The Boatyard I was left disappointed but this stay could not have been more different. Since the new landlady has taken over standards of food, service and ambiance have skyrocketed. I could barely believe that it was the same premises! If pushed, I would admit that the rooms would benefit from being en suite, but other than this minor gripe, I would undoubtedly visit again and recommend to friends and colleagues,

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 November 2010

At the last minute we ended up in Bangor withut pre-booking anywhere... after driving around not finding anywhere we thought we had struck it lucky when these guys had a room available at a very reasonable price. The room was big and a bit shabby and the teabags looked like they had been there for days, but for the price... it was OK.
Trouble started at 3 in the morning... they were having a lock in! When I say lockin, there were a few people at the furthest part of the pub, so to hear the music, they played their 80's pop music on literally full blast. Problem was that the speakers were situated under our room. We couldn't sleep at all but gave them a chance to wind down but eventually I went down to complain as we were climbing Snowdon the next morning... the guy apoligised and turned it down. Half hour later it went straight back up, but it was even louder! I complained again... this time I had to get within a metre of the drunken landlady so she could hear me... it went down but then gradually went right up. I heard Other guests getting out of their rooms too so I'm guessing they were hounded with complaints. Eventually the music stopped and after listening to someone getting lucky on the stairs outside our room... all went quiet, at about 6am.
The breakfast guy was pleasant but said she's pass on our complaint to the land lady. The breakfast although advertising Welsh food should have said purchased from a welsh Aldi's frozen section. Very greasy but the least of our complaints.
If you do end up here... don't do what we did and pay in advance!!s

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ChrisH23
Llandudno, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 October 2010

I had stayed here before, in 2007, so when I had to come to Bangor again, the last b&b I wanted to stay, was the Boatyard. No vacancies elsewhere, so I had no choice, & booked in. WHAT A CHANGE!. Haley, the new landlady,makes you so welcome. The place is so different, bar-meals were value for money,breakfast, first class. Would certainly come again. Please remember, b&b, not hotel.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 July 2010

A real nice place to stay for a stopover and a hearty breakfast with a good choice on evening meals ! All served by friendly staff !

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
Cardiff
Reviewed 11 September 2009

After 3 days up the read at Eryl Mor I couldn't take it any more and thought I'd try the Boatyard for my eveing meal.
After the excellent Pork loin dinner I was bemoaing to the owner (lovley lady that she is) that I was up the road and how terrible it was. To my great relief The Boatyard had a room available the next day. I booked there and then.
The starters, main meals and desserts are excellent quality and remarkable for the price. I had the spring roll starter, the pork, salmon and tuna main, and the chocolate pudding dessert (3 times!) - all excellent (on par with the Harp at Old Radnor and almost with Felin Fach outside Brecon).
The room was basic but clean and comfortable. There is a shared bathroom, but with only two other rooms to let it wasn't a problem, and I rather a shared clean bathroom than a dirty en-suite.
The breakfast was very, very good too. All staff are friendy. The Pub / Bisto atmosphere is very nice, and if warm enough, it's nice to sit out and look across the Menai and boatyard.
It was nice having been working all day to know I'd be going back to the Boatyard to eat drink and sleep.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bangor
Eryl Mor Hotel
The Anglesey Arms
The Anglesey Arms
#4 of 5 in Menai Bridge
Ashbrook, Bangor Boutique Bed and Breakfast

Been to The Boatyard Inn? Share your experiences!