1,377 results
All reviewstable tablecar parkmeal dealrestaurant next doorvictoria dockpay and displayfree parkingtown centrefamily roomall you can eatthe ground floorgood nights sleepper dayreception staffexcellent locationbudget hotelnorth wales
Reviewed 19 October 2012

Stay 5/6 October 2012 This Premier Inn is in a beautiful spot overlooking the harbour/marina and beside the Menai Straits about 10/15 minute walk from town, mostly flat, with slight incline nearer the town. It's also a lovely walk to town along the harbour and by the sea to by the castle.

There is a Morrisons a little up the hill near the car park where, by the way, you have to park your car as there is no parking actually at the hotel so if it is bad weather, you have mobility problems (there are quite a few disabled parking spots) or have heavy luggage, it is better to take the car to the hotel, book in and leave luggage (and the Mrs, in my case - ME as I have problems walking) then park the car. The car park is free, has unlimited time and Reception are happy for you to leave your luggage in Reception while getting your car, before or after check-in or waiting for taxi/train.

We arrived late on Friday night and booked, and after 4 hrs driving dumped our stuff in our room and went to Table Table for a meal. (There is also a chinese restaurant (closes quite early for a restaurant) but does takeaways later. I've had a meal in the restaurant once and found it expensive for what you get. That was 2011 though and service was excellent. There is also another restaurant overlooking the marina attached to The Gallery but pricey and never tried it. There is a Wetherspoons in town, fish and chip shop and various cafes and bistros and hotel that do food for non-residents. There is a wonderful little Italian style Bistro opposite Wetherspoons where we had a gorgeous lunch but is closed on evenings and Sundays. Morrisons in the nearest supermarket but there is an ASDA that close earlier than most towns and a Tesco that is open later about 20 mins walk.

We hadn't booked at Table Table but were taken to a table straight away. That was the bad news, the good news would have been they were full and we had to go and get sandwiches from Tesco. The meal wasn't that good and food slow, especially as it wasn't that busy. Waiting staff were attentive but were standing around waiting for food to leave the kitchen. I had the mini BBQ steak. It was salty and tasted like sausage but have to say was tender. My husband had a chicken & rocket pasta dish. He said the chicken tasted like the squidgy, cheap reformed stuff but the rest was fine. Upon that note we didn't book breakfast for Saturday. We had a really lovely breakfast in Morrisons cafe. The guy behind the counter even came back to tell me something had dairy in it as I had told him of my allergy and asked if I wanted to pick something else instead on the breakfast list. Brill for under £10 for 2 incl coffee and was really quick, cooked and presented well.

Sat night we didn't want to do much after having a lovely day in Baumaris on Angelsey and just wanted a quick meal and drink and watch TV. So we went (yes I know - again) to Table Table.The service this time was appalling 3 hours the poor waitress was tearing her hair out because the food was taking so long. When it did arrive my dish wasn't complete and the waitress had to bring the rest in a bowl to be mixed in the pasta. By this time my meal was just luke warm but we had been there so long I ate it, having arrived at before 7pm we were leaving after 10pm. We said we weren't happy when we were paying and the waitress spoke to the supervisor and we were given a complimentary bottle of wine to take away - nice but not the point.
(Be aware a lot of Caernafon shops are shut Sundays.)We had already booked breakfast as Morrisons doesn't open until 10am Sundays (well it couldn't get any worse could it, it's only breakfast????) WRONG!! This was even more diabolical. I had to ask 3 times for soya milk, breakfast came before the milk so hadn't had any cereal, my husband got my (non-dairy) breakfast and I got who knows who's. I had to have a fresh one made and when it eventually came it was a mess on a plate, dry and frazzled bacon & sausage. I left most of it went straight to reception at PI to complain and ....there was a queue of people doing the same. We all got refunds and Gary even confirmed as we were leaving he had reported everything to Table Table's Manager .

I can't fault this Premier Inn, it's a beautiful spot, staff, reception and housekeeping, are absolutely brilliant (they always welcome us back) we go 2/3 times a year to de-stress but Table Table has got so bad since our last visit and needs seriously to improve food wise before we eat there again, not good for anyone who has difficulty walking as Caernarfon is difficult to access by car. Saying that, if you just want a drink, It is a comfortable pub with a good selection of ales (Hobgoblin on draught), lagers and wines and the terrace is a perfect (if sometimes windy) place to watch the sun set over the Menai Straits with a glass of something.
PS There's another Premier Inn (about 10 min drive away) Menai Parc nr Bangor, handy for Angelsey, nr a marina, not a short walk into town though - not been but will be giving it a go next year. I've booked my next de-stressing weekend at P I Caerphilly this time with a Beefeater restaurant (fingers crossed!!!) but will still return to P I Caernarfon (when I can walk better).

Room Tip: The hotel has been extended earlier this year and the new room we stayed in this time actually had a little bit of a view of the sea (if you looked to the right through the corner window) however it was quite dark. All other times we were on the upper floors and overlooked a flat roof and ducts. They were much lighter rooms.This time our ground floor room (No 6) was right opposite Table Table, however we heard no or very little noise, the only time we were woken up was at 3am by noisy guests going past our room to theirs. Also the heating/air con was quite noisy if you are a light sleeper. Being on the group floor people could look in through the windows though no-one did while we were in. I did myself to check if you could see in and though the windows are tinted, if the lights were on and the curtains open you could. I personally always find the pillows at P I are too low with just and 1 and too high with 2 so I always take my own feather pillow to use with one provided. My husband says the same but just uses 1.
1  Thank walker1958
Reviewed 18 October 2012

stayed here from 11th oct 2012 for 4 nights to walk in the beautiful surroundings,excellant hotel,clean,tidy and very quiet,staff very happy to serve us.
dinner at table table next door not so good ! male staff not very good at talking to your face !
when its raining the long walk to the free car park is not good.
some strange noises about around 2am deliverys i think.

Reviewed 16 October 2012

Stayed here on sunday 14th october. Phoned before hand to request an upstairs, quiet room but this wasn't done. We asked for one on check in and were allocated a new room, 230. The room was lovely and clean and at this point I really couldn't believe that I could not fault it. Went to table table for a meal which was a disaster and even the receptionist Jodie said that they couldn't get their act together as she used to work there!!!!! I was woken up at 2am by lorries delivering to ASDA. I managed to get back off to sleep at 4.45pm after telephoning down to reception to ask what the noise was. I was then woken up at 6am but the fans situated on the roof. Then at 9am, travelodge was being jet washed with a very loud jet wash. Had refund but thats not the point really. They should know when deliveries are made to the supermarkets and perhaps inform customers but since we asked for a quiet room as we are both light sleepers, this fell on deaf ears. I was really excited about staying away for the night as we both work really hard and it was a mini break.

Reviewed 15 October 2012

We stayed for three nights and from booking in done by two very friendly receptionists, to a cheery good morning from staff the next morning at reception and the cleaners smiling and greeting us we can never remember having such a friendly reception from all staff in any hotel we have stayed in. The room was comfortable, a little dark due to looking out on to an enclosed court yard but as we were visiting to see the beautiful scenery in this part of Wales it more than met our requirements by providing a clean comfortable place to sleep. Thank you for a lovely stay we will be visiting this area again and would stay at this hotel if available.

Reviewed 15 October 2012

Arrived at premier Inn on Monday afternoon 8th Oct, at reception was greeted by a warm welcome from Gary & Val - Laugh a minute. Room was clean and spacious, breakfast was excellent next door at Yr Harbwr (The Harbour) 0630-0900. Ideal, since I had an early start every morning and was working in the area. Town centre in the evening was good , plenty of pubs and food outlets .had all my evening meals at Wetherspoons (meal and a pint deal) - 5 mins walk away from Premier Inn. Only one problem with offloading your laggage ,the free car park is only about 2 mins , but should be able to park outside hotel without worrying about parking ticket - double yellow lines. Otherwise excellent stay .

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business