“Qaulity peace and quiet.”

Premier Inn Caernarfon Hotel
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Caernarfon
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
“Qaulity peace and quiet.”
Reviewed 22 October 2012

The location of this hotel, is next to the harbour. The views around the hotel ( not that we had a sea view from the hotel) are stunning. It is walking distance to the Caernarfon Castle and town centre. This is an ideal base for the roads to the beaches and towns on this coast as well as the close proximity of Angelsey and the Menai Bridge.

As usual with PremierInn, it was next to a restaurant for the meals. This was just across a paved area to Table Table restaurant that had lovely open views of that yachts in the harbour. Meals were excellent, prices were good, but on the saturday evening you had to book a table if you wanted to go at peak time between 6-8pm, as we found out. We had a good half hour wait and the service was a little slow coping with demand. Having said that we were well looked after and would recommend the restaurant. It is probably one of the best in the location/Carenarfon.

We were lucky to have a sunny weekend, to say it is October, so it allowed us to have lovely long walks on the coastal paths, as well as clear sky for the distance views from all around this area.

Room Tip: FREE parking is available, approx 100 yards away. Don't go for the nearest car park where you ha...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
north yorkshire
Reviewed 19 October 2012

Stay 5/6 October 2012 This Premier Inn is in a beautiful spot overlooking the harbour/marina and beside the Menai Straits about 10/15 minute walk from town, mostly flat, with slight incline nearer the town. It's also a lovely walk to town along the harbour and by the sea to by the castle.

There is a Morrisons a little up the hill near the car park where, by the way, you have to park your car as there is no parking actually at the hotel so if it is bad weather, you have mobility problems (there are quite a few disabled parking spots) or have heavy luggage, it is better to take the car to the hotel, book in and leave luggage (and the Mrs, in my case - ME as I have problems walking) then park the car. The car park is free, has unlimited time and Reception are happy for you to leave your luggage in Reception while getting your car, before or after check-in or waiting for taxi/train.

We arrived late on Friday night and booked, and after 4 hrs driving dumped our stuff in our room and went to Table Table for a meal. (There is also a chinese restaurant (closes quite early for a restaurant) but does takeaways later. I've had a meal in the restaurant once and found it expensive for what you get. That was 2011 though and service was excellent. There is also another restaurant overlooking the marina attached to The Gallery but pricey and never tried it. There is a Wetherspoons in town, fish and chip shop and various cafes and bistros and hotel that do food for non-residents. There is a wonderful little Italian style Bistro opposite Wetherspoons where we had a gorgeous lunch but is closed on evenings and Sundays. Morrisons in the nearest supermarket but there is an ASDA that close earlier than most towns and a Tesco that is open later about 20 mins walk.

We hadn't booked at Table Table but were taken to a table straight away. That was the bad news, the good news would have been they were full and we had to go and get sandwiches from Tesco. The meal wasn't that good and food slow, especially as it wasn't that busy. Waiting staff were attentive but were standing around waiting for food to leave the kitchen. I had the mini BBQ steak. It was salty and tasted like sausage but have to say was tender. My husband had a chicken & rocket pasta dish. He said the chicken tasted like the squidgy, cheap reformed stuff but the rest was fine. Upon that note we didn't book breakfast for Saturday. We had a really lovely breakfast in Morrisons cafe. The guy behind the counter even came back to tell me something had dairy in it as I had told him of my allergy and asked if I wanted to pick something else instead on the breakfast list. Brill for under £10 for 2 incl coffee and was really quick, cooked and presented well.

Sat night we didn't want to do much after having a lovely day in Baumaris on Angelsey and just wanted a quick meal and drink and watch TV. So we went (yes I know - again) to Table Table.The service this time was appalling 3 hours the poor waitress was tearing her hair out because the food was taking so long. When it did arrive my dish wasn't complete and the waitress had to bring the rest in a bowl to be mixed in the pasta. By this time my meal was just luke warm but we had been there so long I ate it, having arrived at before 7pm we were leaving after 10pm. We said we weren't happy when we were paying and the waitress spoke to the supervisor and we were given a complimentary bottle of wine to take away - nice but not the point.
(Be aware a lot of Caernafon shops are shut Sundays.)We had already booked breakfast as Morrisons doesn't open until 10am Sundays (well it couldn't get any worse could it, it's only breakfast????) WRONG!! This was even more diabolical. I had to ask 3 times for soya milk, breakfast came before the milk so hadn't had any cereal, my husband got my (non-dairy) breakfast and I got who knows who's. I had to have a fresh one made and when it eventually came it was a mess on a plate, dry and frazzled bacon & sausage. I left most of it went straight to reception at PI to complain and ....there was a queue of people doing the same. We all got refunds and Gary even confirmed as we were leaving he had reported everything to Table Table's Manager .

I can't fault this Premier Inn, it's a beautiful spot, staff, reception and housekeeping, are absolutely brilliant (they always welcome us back) we go 2/3 times a year to de-stress but Table Table has got so bad since our last visit and needs seriously to improve food wise before we eat there again, not good for anyone who has difficulty walking as Caernarfon is difficult to access by car. Saying that, if you just want a drink, It is a comfortable pub with a good selection of ales (Hobgoblin on draught), lagers and wines and the terrace is a perfect (if sometimes windy) place to watch the sun set over the Menai Straits with a glass of something.
PS There's another Premier Inn (about 10 min drive away) Menai Parc nr Bangor, handy for Angelsey, nr a marina, not a short walk into town though - not been but will be giving it a go next year. I've booked my next de-stressing weekend at P I Caerphilly this time with a Beefeater restaurant (fingers crossed!!!) but will still return to P I Caernarfon (when I can walk better).

Room Tip: The hotel has been extended earlier this year and the new room we stayed in this time actually had a...
1 Thank walker1958
Newbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 October 2012

stayed here from 11th oct 2012 for 4 nights to walk in the beautiful surroundings,excellant hotel,clean,tidy and very quiet,staff very happy to serve us.
dinner at table table next door not so good ! male staff not very good at talking to your face !
when its raining the long walk to the free car park is not good.
some strange noises about around 2am deliverys i think.

Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 October 2012

Stayed here on sunday 14th october. Phoned before hand to request an upstairs, quiet room but this wasn't done. We asked for one on check in and were allocated a new room, 230. The room was lovely and clean and at this point I really couldn't believe that I could not fault it. Went to table table for a meal which was a disaster and even the receptionist Jodie said that they couldn't get their act together as she used to work there!!!!! I was woken up at 2am by lorries delivering to ASDA. I managed to get back off to sleep at 4.45pm after telephoning down to reception to ask what the noise was. I was then woken up at 6am but the fans situated on the roof. Then at 9am, travelodge was being jet washed with a very loud jet wash. Had refund but thats not the point really. They should know when deliveries are made to the supermarkets and perhaps inform customers but since we asked for a quiet room as we are both light sleepers, this fell on deaf ears. I was really excited about staying away for the night as we both work really hard and it was a mini break.

Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 October 2012

We stayed for three nights and from booking in done by two very friendly receptionists, to a cheery good morning from staff the next morning at reception and the cleaners smiling and greeting us we can never remember having such a friendly reception from all staff in any hotel we have stayed in. The room was comfortable, a little dark due to looking out on to an enclosed court yard but as we were visiting to see the beautiful scenery in this part of Wales it more than met our requirements by providing a clean comfortable place to sleep. Thank you for a lovely stay we will be visiting this area again and would stay at this hotel if available.

Reviewed 15 October 2012

Arrived at premier Inn on Monday afternoon 8th Oct, at reception was greeted by a warm welcome from Gary & Val - Laugh a minute. Room was clean and spacious, breakfast was excellent next door at Yr Harbwr (The Harbour) 0630-0900. Ideal, since I had an early start every morning and was working in the area. Town centre in the evening was good , plenty of pubs and food outlets .had all my evening meals at Wetherspoons (meal and a pint deal) - 5 mins walk away from Premier Inn. Only one problem with offloading your laggage ,the free car park is only about 2 mins , but should be able to park outside hotel without worrying about parking ticket - double yellow lines. Otherwise excellent stay .

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Rotherham
Reviewed 14 October 2012

On arrival you pull up in your car in what seems to be a drop off bay which is posted "No Unloading " looking around you see a couple of disabled bays .No good if your not disabled .
Now if your traveling as a couple you can hurry and unload the car quick and then one stands in the reception while the other goes park the car in the free carpark topside of the premier inn . Then walk back and both then check inn . Can you imagine this if its pouring down with rain ? Not very good is it ? Even worse should it be you were a solo traveller .Premier inn could/should have a drop off bay and a discounted carparking for the payment on the opposite from the premier inn building pay carpark. The free carpark was ok and has a camera in it but do not leave anything in your car of value put anything even a coat in the boot out of site and you should be ok for the night . I went back out later at night once the carpark was almost empty and parked close to the entrance as others did . That way it looks like your car is overlooked from the nearby holiday homes .
Should it be raining , which it was ,again going for a meal in the Table Table could have done with some sort of canopy cover which they have built into the Harbour side of Table Table but not between the Premier hotel and the Table Table , so your all nicely dressed up for dinner only to arrive looking like you have fell into the harbour . Again not good and it could be sorted should Premier put their minds to do it . As for the staff of Premier Inn and Table Table ,we found no fault with them and they did their upmost to make our stay a good one .
The location is good and easy to get to and you have Morrisons very near should you wish to stock up or fuel up and an Asda nearby as well .
Should they sort the above out then I would give it a better rating .

1 Thank GMRotherham
Also consider these accommodations in or near Caernarfon
Black Boy Inn
Tyn Rhos Country House
Tyn Rhos Country House
#1 of 1 in Llanddeiniolen
The Royal Victoria Hotel Snowdonia

Been to Premier Inn Caernarfon Hotel? Share your experiences!