1,384 results
All reviews table table car park meal deal restaurant next door victoria dock pay and display free parking town centre family room all you can eat the ground floor good nights sleep per day reception staff excellent location budget hotel north wales
Reviewed 23 October 2012

the first thing is there is no car park so you have to leave the car some 500 metres away i never like doing this the veiw from our window was not the best just the wall of the next hotel. the restraint is some 50 metres away not the best when it is raining fount Caernarfon a bit run down and could do with a clean up

Room Tip: ask for one with a view better then a wall
1  Thank gerald w
Reviewed 23 October 2012

Having stayed in Premier Inns and Travelodges on breaks over the last few years I have to say this is by far the best.
The location and customer service are second to none, so nice to be greeted by a big smile and hello on entering or exiting the hotel.
Gary is a major asset to the hotel , such a friendly guy, happy to help and his local knowledge is great.
We had an amazing time in Caernarfon which was definitely help by the glorious weather this weekend, a great location for a stroll into town , the black boy inn was a favourite of ours. Try out Fu's Cantonese , its mmmmm just next to the Harbour Rest next to Premier Inn... The Salt N Pepper Frogs legs were amazing.
Access to all the surrounding areas is easy... will be back.

Reviewed 22 October 2012

Clean ,comfortable and very nice staff, Quiet and very nice surroundings in the marina,everything fine until breakfast. Walk to nearby table table, waited 75 minutes for breakfast order, then they got it wrong and had to take it away and returned 3 minutes later with an item still missing!!!!, if they sort this it will be a perfectly good place to stay.

Room Tip: second floor high numbers ...really quiet!!
2  Thank Johnbhoy56
Reviewed 22 October 2012

The location of this hotel, is next to the harbour. The views around the hotel ( not that we had a sea view from the hotel) are stunning. It is walking distance to the Caernarfon Castle and town centre. This is an ideal base for the roads to the beaches and towns on this coast as well as the close proximity of Angelsey and the Menai Bridge.

As usual with PremierInn, it was next to a restaurant for the meals. This was just across a paved area to Table Table restaurant that had lovely open views of that yachts in the harbour. Meals were excellent, prices were good, but on the saturday evening you had to book a table if you wanted to go at peak time between 6-8pm, as we found out. We had a good half hour wait and the service was a little slow coping with demand. Having said that we were well looked after and would recommend the restaurant. It is probably one of the best in the location/Carenarfon.

We were lucky to have a sunny weekend, to say it is October, so it allowed us to have lovely long walks on the coastal paths, as well as clear sky for the distance views from all around this area.

Room Tip: FREE parking is available, approx 100 yards away. Don't go for the nearest car park where you have to pay and display.
Reviewed 19 October 2012

Stay 5/6 October 2012 This Premier Inn is in a beautiful spot overlooking the harbour/marina and beside the Menai Straits about 10/15 minute walk from town, mostly flat, with slight incline nearer the town. It's also a lovely walk to town along the harbour and by the sea to by the castle.

There is a Morrisons a little up the hill near the car park where, by the way, you have to park your car as there is no parking actually at the hotel so if it is bad weather, you have mobility problems (there are quite a few disabled parking spots) or have heavy luggage, it is better to take the car to the hotel, book in and leave luggage (and the Mrs, in my case - ME as I have problems walking) then park the car. The car park is free, has unlimited time and Reception are happy for you to leave your luggage in Reception while getting your car, before or after check-in or waiting for taxi/train.

We arrived late on Friday night and booked, and after 4 hrs driving dumped our stuff in our room and went to Table Table for a meal. (There is also a chinese restaurant (closes quite early for a restaurant) but does takeaways later. I've had a meal in the restaurant once and found it expensive for what you get. That was 2011 though and service was excellent. There is also another restaurant overlooking the marina attached to The Gallery but pricey and never tried it. There is a Wetherspoons in town, fish and chip shop and various cafes and bistros and hotel that do food for non-residents. There is a wonderful little Italian style Bistro opposite Wetherspoons where we had a gorgeous lunch but is closed on evenings and Sundays. Morrisons in the nearest supermarket but there is an ASDA that close earlier than most towns and a Tesco that is open later about 20 mins walk.

We hadn't booked at Table Table but were taken to a table straight away. That was the bad news, the good news would have been they were full and we had to go and get sandwiches from Tesco. The meal wasn't that good and food slow, especially as it wasn't that busy. Waiting staff were attentive but were standing around waiting for food to leave the kitchen. I had the mini BBQ steak. It was salty and tasted like sausage but have to say was tender. My husband had a chicken & rocket pasta dish. He said the chicken tasted like the squidgy, cheap reformed stuff but the rest was fine. Upon that note we didn't book breakfast for Saturday. We had a really lovely breakfast in Morrisons cafe. The guy behind the counter even came back to tell me something had dairy in it as I had told him of my allergy and asked if I wanted to pick something else instead on the breakfast list. Brill for under £10 for 2 incl coffee and was really quick, cooked and presented well.

Sat night we didn't want to do much after having a lovely day in Baumaris on Angelsey and just wanted a quick meal and drink and watch TV. So we went (yes I know - again) to Table Table.The service this time was appalling 3 hours the poor waitress was tearing her hair out because the food was taking so long. When it did arrive my dish wasn't complete and the waitress had to bring the rest in a bowl to be mixed in the pasta. By this time my meal was just luke warm but we had been there so long I ate it, having arrived at before 7pm we were leaving after 10pm. We said we weren't happy when we were paying and the waitress spoke to the supervisor and we were given a complimentary bottle of wine to take away - nice but not the point.
(Be aware a lot of Caernafon shops are shut Sundays.)We had already booked breakfast as Morrisons doesn't open until 10am Sundays (well it couldn't get any worse could it, it's only breakfast????) WRONG!! This was even more diabolical. I had to ask 3 times for soya milk, breakfast came before the milk so hadn't had any cereal, my husband got my (non-dairy) breakfast and I got who knows who's. I had to have a fresh one made and when it eventually came it was a mess on a plate, dry and frazzled bacon & sausage. I left most of it went straight to reception at PI to complain and ....there was a queue of people doing the same. We all got refunds and Gary even confirmed as we were leaving he had reported everything to Table Table's Manager .

I can't fault this Premier Inn, it's a beautiful spot, staff, reception and housekeeping, are absolutely brilliant (they always welcome us back) we go 2/3 times a year to de-stress but Table Table has got so bad since our last visit and needs seriously to improve food wise before we eat there again, not good for anyone who has difficulty walking as Caernarfon is difficult to access by car. Saying that, if you just want a drink, It is a comfortable pub with a good selection of ales (Hobgoblin on draught), lagers and wines and the terrace is a perfect (if sometimes windy) place to watch the sun set over the Menai Straits with a glass of something.
PS There's another Premier Inn (about 10 min drive away) Menai Parc nr Bangor, handy for Angelsey, nr a marina, not a short walk into town though - not been but will be giving it a go next year. I've booked my next de-stressing weekend at P I Caerphilly this time with a Beefeater restaurant (fingers crossed!!!) but will still return to P I Caernarfon (when I can walk better).

Room Tip: The hotel has been extended earlier this year and the new room we stayed in this time actually had a little bit of a view of the sea (if you looked to the right through the corner window) however it was quite dark. All other times we were on the upper floors and overlooked a flat roof and ducts. They were much lighter rooms.This time our ground floor room (No 6) was right opposite Table Table, however we heard no or very little noise, the only time we were woken up was at 3am by noisy guests going past our room to theirs. Also the heating/air con was quite noisy if you are a light sleeper. Being on the group floor people could look in through the windows though no-one did while we were in. I did myself to check if you could see in and though the windows are tinted, if the lights were on and the curtains open you could. I personally always find the pillows at P I are too low with just and 1 and too high with 2 so I always take my own feather pillow to use with one provided. My husband says the same but just uses 1.
1  Thank walker1958