Stayed at Caernarfon Premier Inn for few days last week . Excellent location for Town and attractions . Car parking a bit of Pain , If one wants free parking then its just down road fronting the promenade past Morrison's supermarket. I found no problem parking, there always seemed to be a space especially late afternoon. But if you use the pay& display Parking then whilst plenty around Hotel they are a pain as charges start at 8am .
Reception welcome was good, DEWI was on duty and he was very helpful, check in was quick the good night sleep policy was explained . Room was usual Premier standard , spotless clean, quiet and comfortable. every night had excellent sleep. All staff were friendly and Helpful and always had a smile and either a good morning or good evening . All information i requested were answered, local tourist info knowledge was very good .
The restaurant was just in next door building and is a Table Table brand . Breakfasts were fine,The full English breakfast was cooked to order, not help self buffet type , but still order as much as one likes Lovely staff Serving at breakfast .. Like many restaurants within the Premier inn chain, service is fine until it gets busy. It always seems to me when these brand chain restaurants get busy the waiting times get ridiculous and a lack of staff seem obvious. On two occasions at the Caernarfon Table Table restaurant I had long waiting times, staff embarrassed making lame excuses. It is a shame that for some reason the restaurants seem when busy do get in a state with waiting times and bad customer service , it is common among all the premier restaurants and to my mind lets premier Inn down on what is mostly a good to excellent brand.
Sadly whilst the Hotels are excellent the restaurants still need more staff at crucial times and better customer serve when things go wrong . Hey ho probably premier inn don't read about the restaurants as they will say it is separate to Hotel and under different name . However being a regular user of premier inn i know its all part of same group and if one is going to have a problem in my experience it is usual bad restaurant service. So Good hotel stay and thoroughly recommend but restaurant OK, but not so good when busy due it seems to lack of staff and organisation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you're trekking up Snowdon or yachting down the coast, Premier Inn Hotel Caenarfon Victoria Dock is perfect for the high life around here. We're right on the Marina, and close to the history of Caenarfon and the majesty of Snowdonia too. Put on your walking boots for some serious climbing, or take off your shoes for a paddle at Dinas Dinlle. Stand on platforms waiting for the West Highland Railway, or hotfoot it over to Anglesey. Then turn your feet back to the hotel for some tasty fare at our Table Table restaurant and a great night's sleep. Directions: Follow A55 Holyhead, take J9 (Caernarfon), at roundabout first exit and then continue to follow all signs to Caernarfon. As you enter Caernarfon at roundabout with Morrisons on right, take 1st exit, keep in right hand lane, at next roundabout take 4th exit to mini roundabout, the hotel is in front of you next to Yr Harbur Table Table. Parking is off site. Contact hotel directly for more details Transport and local information: Caernarfon Castle 0.5 mile Snowdonia National Park 12 miles Betws Y Coed and Swallow Falls 23 miles Bangor Train station 10 miles Holyhead Ferry Servies 32 miles ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Premier Inn and Priceline so you can book your Premier Inn Caernarfon Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Caernarfon Hotel Caernarfon
- Premier Inn Caernarfon Hotel Wales