Having booked only two days earlier, it was lovely to receive a telephone call from 'Katie' thanking me for choosing Premier Inn, Caernarfon and offering details of the hotel and surrounding area. On arrival, the receptionist, Julie, made us all feel very welcome and gave us full details of car parking and restaurants in the area. I have previously grumbled about some Premier Inn reception staff and their lack of good customer service. This was completely the opposite and exactly what is expected. Well done Julie! As a comparatively new hotel the rooms and all equipment were in first class order. A constant grumble about Premier Inns is that only one chair is provided in each room. If the room is being used as a twin the settee is used as a bed, and the single chair is the only seat. Surely if two people are using the room two chairs not only could, but should, be provided. As other trip advisors have mentioned car parking is a slight problem, but it seems that most guests at this and other nearby hotels seem to cope with the free parking 250 yards away. Hotel is ideally situated for access to Caernarfon town centre about three minutes walk away, and the adjoining dock/marina area is pleasant for a leisurely stroll. There are only a few restaurants nearby including the Whitbread chain Table-table, but as the area develops they will no doubt increase. If you choose not to breakfast at Table-table, the local Morrison's store has a small cafe which does excellent, and very reasonably priced breakfasts. All in all an excellent stay in what could best be described as home from home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you're trekking up Snowdon or yachting down the coast, Premier Inn Hotel Caenarfon Victoria Dock is perfect for the high life around here. We're right on the Marina, and close to the history of Caenarfon and the majesty of Snowdonia too. Put on your walking boots for some serious climbing, or take off your shoes for a paddle at Dinas Dinlle. Stand on platforms waiting for the West Highland Railway, or hotfoot it over to Anglesey. Then turn your feet back to the hotel for some tasty fare at our Table Table restaurant and a great night's sleep. Directions: Follow A55 Holyhead, take J9 (Caernarfon), at roundabout first exit and then continue to follow all signs to Caernarfon. As you enter Caernarfon at roundabout with Morrisons on right, take 1st exit, keep in right hand lane, at next roundabout take 4th exit to mini roundabout, the hotel is in front of you next to Yr Harbur Table Table. Parking is off site. Contact hotel directly for more details Transport and local information: Caernarfon Castle 0.5 mile Snowdonia National Park 12 miles Betws Y Coed and Swallow Falls 23 miles Bangor Train station 10 miles Holyhead Ferry Servies 32 miles ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Premier Inn so you can book your Premier Inn Caernarfon Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Caernarfon Hotel Caernarfon
- Premier Inn Caernarfon Hotel Wales