As a regular Premier Inn guest, this is one of the quietest of the chain's hotels as it isn't near to a main road.
When reaching the reception, it was obvious that the young female receptionist was came from England, but she was very proffesional. Due to her hosbitality qualities, it seemed as though she has moved to the area specifically for the job. We thought it would have been better to be greeted by a local person, considering so many come to the town with the strongest Welsh heritage on holiday.
As always, a comfy stay with that unique, fresh feeling. As it is one of the newly-built hotels, rooms come with modern TV's. Something the business has missed out on is the location of the hotel. It may be on the Victoria Dock, but no room is able to look onto the Menai Strait. Only the private apartments can, and most of them are empty! A chance for an unique Premier-inn stay gone to waste!
In the morning, we had breakfast in the Table Table restaurant which is part of the hotel. Again, same standard as all Premier-inn's - great 'Premier' and Continental breakfasts. The waitress who saw us to our table not only told us which table to sit at, but after sitting down to face each other, she told my girlfriend to move to another seat!!! She did it with good intentions - so that we can sit nearer to each other, but at which chair to sit is the customer's decision!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you're trekking up Snowdon or yachting down the coast, Premier Inn Hotel Caenarfon Victoria Dock is perfect for the high life around here. We're right on the Marina, and close to the history of Caenarfon and the majesty of Snowdonia too. Put on your walking boots for some serious climbing, or take off your shoes for a paddle at Dinas Dinlle. Stand on platforms waiting for the West Highland Railway, or hotfoot it over to Anglesey. Then turn your feet back to the hotel for some tasty fare at our Table Table restaurant and a great night's sleep. Directions: Follow A55 Holyhead, take J9 (Caernarfon), at roundabout first exit and then continue to follow all signs to Caernarfon. As you enter Caernarfon at roundabout with Morrisons on right, take 1st exit, keep in right hand lane, at next roundabout take 4th exit to mini roundabout, the hotel is in front of you next to Yr Harbur Table Table. Parking is off site. Contact hotel directly for more details Transport and local information: Caernarfon Castle 0.5 mile Snowdonia National Park 12 miles Betws Y Coed and Swallow Falls 23 miles Bangor Train station 10 miles Holyhead Ferry Servies 32 miles ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Premier Inn so you can book your Premier Inn Caernarfon Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Caernarfon Hotel Caernarfon
- Premier Inn Caernarfon Hotel Wales