“Delightful B&B inside the wall!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Victoria House B&B

Victoria House B&B
Ranked #1 of 22 Caernarfon B&B and Inns
Ohio
“Delightful B&B inside the wall!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2011

Victoria B&B is one of the best I have ever stayed in,anywhere! Lovely Victorian townhouse inside the historic town walls,so easy to walk to castle,harbor market shops or "fish and chips Kathi",but QUIET! Our room on first floor front had a whirlpool tub ,big TV,mini fridge ,big bed and nice tea tray. Everything was sparkling clean and elegant! We had a welcome glass of wine and wonderful hostess ,Jan ,who helped us park our car for free nearby.. Breakfast was buffet with "to order"including eggs and smoked salmon! All this for 70 pound and royal wedding reading material too! Husband and I hope to return next year! Kathi USA

Room Tip: I enjoyed tub and street view in first floor roo
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank kathiIN

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Liverpool
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2011

So, back again. I've lost count of the number of times I've stayed at Jan's wonderful B&B. It gets better all the time. She's added a guest lounge and I'm sure the soft furnishings in the bedroom have been updated. Breakfast is even better than last time with a load of extras to eat if you've enough room after the monster breakfast. Spotlessly clean, as always, and a really good sleep thanks to the luxurious bedding and pillows. Jan works hard at maintaining her standards and she deserves 5 stars. Thoroughly recommended.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank TVTraveller
Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2011

I stayed with friends for three days and nights in april 2011. We had the most warm velcome late in the evening and excelent service throug out our visit.
The rooms are very clean, comfortable, cosy and quiet at night.
Breakfast was really good with a large assortment of fruit, bread, ham, cheese, cereals etc. Some of it ecological. From the menu you can choose very well prepared and tasty warm dishes.
Small but very clean and nice shower. (two of the rooms have spa)
I felt very welcome. My only complaint, if any, would be that the door to my room was squeaking.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
JVH8, Owner at Victoria House B&B, responded to this review, 1 May 2011
Hi, many thanks for your review. Apologies for the noisy door hinges; I had asked for all door hinges to be oiled prior to the beginning of the season but obviously the two in your room were
omitted. Maintenance has now been carried out by me personally & there should be
no disturbance from them for a few months at least! Glad you enjoyed your stay with us & thanks for your feedback.

With best regards,

Jan & team
Edinburgh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2011

Over the years I have stayed in many bed and breakfasts around the UK and the world. This is simply unsurpassed. Jan is attentive wthout being invasive, the rooms are gorgeous (at least 2 of them have whirlpool baths) the breakfast was great & my dietary (gluten free) requirements were catered for with real attention to detail.
The street was quiet, within a stones throw of the castle, with the Galeri arts centre round the corner.This place really is outstanding value and a pleasure to find in amongst the lacklustre b and b's Ive known.

Room Tip: Its around the corner from the steam train station
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Scottishji
JVH8, Manager at Victoria House B&B, responded to this review, 9 April 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us & for your kind comments.
It's good to know we are continuing to provide a good quality experience for our guests, so once again, many thanks for your feedback.

With kind regards,

Yours sincerely,

Jan
Pembrokeshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2011

Well I'd read all the comments on the Victoria House B&B before booking and when we arrived, I have to say I wasn't disappointed! We were greeted by Jan and her daughter and taken up to our room (right at the top of the house). The room itself was very cosy and spacious. The bed was soooooo comfortable and the little touches, such as the milk in the fridge, the chocolate bars and toiletries were a lovely addition. We were up there for my birthday and Jan presented me with a bottle of red wine and a card on the table at breakfast the following morning which was a lovely gesture. Breakfast had a great choice of items. My fella had a full welsh and I had smoked salmon and scrambled egg on toast, with a big pot of tea and loads of toast. Once we went out into town (which was right there on the doorstep) and had had tea, we came back and I ran myself a lovely spa bath in our room. It took all my strength to get out and walk to the bed to go to sleep! What a relaxing way to end your day. The night's sleep we both had was out of this world. What I would say, as with the other reviews, is switch off the fridge when you go to sleep. Its quite loud when you are trying to get to sleep. Other than that, it was a perfect stay for a few days. Thanks so much to Jan and her daughter for being so welcoming. Will definitely be staying there again in the future.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank loopylynda2902
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2011

We were attending a wedding a couple of miles away from Caernafon and upon our arrival a taxi to the venue was organised for us, for the next morning. Jan and her daughter were very welcoming, helpful and attentive. The room was lovely, clean and comfortable. We had a sea view and a good breakfast each morning. Our stay was very relaxing and I would definately stay at Victoria House again.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Bangor, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2011

Arrived on Saturday night after a long journey.Our bedrooms were lovely. They had eveything that you needed.The staff were really nice especially Jan and Betty who made you feel at home.There is a nice lounge for the guests were you can sit and just relax and look out at the pretty walled courtyard. The breakfast was really good. We were all full afterwards. Next time we come to Caernarfon we will definately book again at Victoria House.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
JVH8, Owner at Victoria House B&B, responded to this review, 19 January 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Victoria House; we are pleased to hear you
had a relaxing break & enjoyed the new guest lounge & garden. We look forward to being of service again some time in the future.

With best regards,