All reviewscontinental stylebreakfast was deliciouscastle wallswithin the wallssingle roomshared bathroomquiet streetfree parkingspent two nightswalled citywarm welcomeperfect locationwonderful hostsfull welsh breakfastcomfortable bedone night staylittle gem
Reviewed 20 July 2017

This is a small guest house within the castle walls and is an ideal location for all the area has to offer. The new owners had only been there for one week at the time of our stay and are very nice people and seem to have settled in very well. The continental breakfast was very nice with a good choice. The room we had was the one shown in the picture and was very clean, well equipped with a comfortable bed. This was a very pleasant two night stay and I would recommend it .

Room Tip: No views due to surrounding buildings. Did not hear any outside noise.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Alan T
mary h, Owner at Cartref Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2017

Hi Both,

Just a big Thanks for choosing our little Guest House and it was a pleasure having you as our Guests. Hope you return in the future as we enjoyed your company.

Kindest Regards
Peter and Sharon.

Reviewed 21 June 2017

The B&B itself is situated within the actual castle walls - so, technically, we can say that we've slept inside a castle. Being inside the castle also means there are distinct advantages (everything is within easy walking distance) and a few disadvantages (the streets are narrow and parking is a bit scarce) but all-in-all, it was well worth our while to stay there and we would happily go there again.

The hostess is so friendly and sweet - I had a bit of a cold coming on, and she kindly made me lemon and honey to soothe my throat. She also makes her own ham - the best I've ever had! Lastly, the room was spotlessly clean.

Breakfast is continental, but generous and with a good variety. If you simply must have a cooked breakfast, you could probably try the Wetherspoons nearby, but I can't see why.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ChristoanS
Reviewed 7 June 2017

I stayed here for a few days on a trip to Snowdonia. The B&B is located very near the castle, within the old town walls. Only a short walk into the town centre, and plenty of pubs and restaurants close by. It is very clean and my bed was very comfy. My room looked out over the back of the house and was very quiet. Well stocked tray in the room with plenty of tea bags, coffee, milk, sugar, hot chocolate and biscuits. Nice toiletries in the bathroom too. The breakfast is mainly cold ... fruit, yogurt, cereal, ham, cheese and smoked salmon, but cooked eggs and toast on request. The dining room is quite cosy so they do ask that you write on a sheet in the hall the night before what time you want breakfast so they can seat people accordingly. Mary was lovely and couldn't do enough for people. The only thing people might see as a slight downside is that because of the location within the walls, there is no parking. There are, however, plenty of car parks near by. Some charge £5 for 24 hours, but we did find one that was free between something like 6pm and 7am.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jet803348
Reviewed 6 June 2017 via mobile

Lovely little b and b. I stayed with my friend after a works do and the bed was comfy and warm. The lady made us eggs for breakfast. The hotel was clean and she couldn't do enough for us. Would defo stay again. Breakfast was all you can eat continental style. Only negative was no bacon!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank xsalonx
Reviewed 31 May 2017

Stayed here for a weekend in wales was made very welcome great room and the bfrakfast was lovely freshly made for you would recomend this guest house some rooms have a bathroom and you are not to far from all the restraunts and the castle and welsh highland railway and there is a regular bus to llanberris for snowdon

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo