YHA Snowdon Bryn Gwynant
Black Boy Inn(Caernarfon)
US$180
US$161
  • Breakfast included
Ty Dre Town House(Caernarfon)
US$141
US$64
US$50
Hostelworld.com
  • Breakfast included
Tyn-yr-Onnen Farm, Caravan and Campsite(Caernarfon)(Great Value!)
US$32
Pitchup.com
All reviewsthe main houseyouth hostelwatkin pathamazing locationself catering kitchenstayed in the coach housedrying roomview from the dining roomcommunal facilitiesbottom bunkold victorianbus servicebunk bedsarriving lateserved its purposewalking holidaycereal and toast
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We stayed 2 nights in a 2 bed (bunkbeds) private room, lovely location opposite the lake. We received a warm welcome from Simon, had fabulous meals and full Welsh breakfast both days. Everyone was so friendly and pleasant. Lovely garden and giant's chair to sit in and view the lake, woods and mountains. Room was very hot but was extremely hot weather and not much to do about that. Facilities clean and functional, nice lounge to enjoy a shandy in and read. Daughter 7, loved it.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 10 June 2014

After 24 hours of walking, we staying here as a group of 18, it was - hot food, comfy beds and great staff! Excellent place to stay!

I would recommend staying here if you are in the area or if you are doing the 3 peak challenge

Particular thanks to the chef who turned around a great meal and let us have a great night there

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I recently stayed there at the end of completing the 3 peaks challenge in a group of around 20. By the time we arrived it was 9pm and had missed dinner. The manager went out of his way to make us food and within the hour had prepared much needed hot food for 20 which was homemade and tasty. The location of the hostel is fabulous and the views are to die for. I stayed in Room 11 and there was 3 bunks a toilet and ensuite shower room. The rooms, beds and facilities are basic but clean. The showers were like the swimming baths where you had to press the button but the water was piping hot. As a group we spent the evening in the lounge and it was an excellent way to finish what had been a long 24 hours. The cooked breakfast was perfect and there were a range of cereals, juices and water. I get bitten by midges badly and they were out in force when I visited so I would recommend long sleeved clothes, trousers and repellent. I suppose that is the down side of being by beautiful wet woods and a still lake on warm day in June but really only a quality problem.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I stayed here after finishing the 3 Peaks Challenge on Saturday evening and it was bloody brilliant. It was just a short drive from Snowdon and, despite arriving later than planned due to a minibus breakdown, the service that we received was first class. There was a group of more than 20 of us and we were all pretty excited. The wine flowed and we made a lot of noise having completed our trek, but the rest f the guests were first class. The breakfast and evening meal were more than welcome after 24 hours of energy drinks and flapjack!

Thanks to everyone that worked there for their efforts and service.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I drove to Bryn Gwynant from Capel Curig and so had seen the valley where Llyn Gwynant lies coming over the pass. Stunning is the only word for it. The hostel lies towards the far end of the lake but before the village itself. There is great access to the lake and the walking track the takes you around it (highly recommended). The staff were friendly and helpful when I arrived and checked me in outside of reception hours. My room was in the coach house - where the self catering kitchen is. Which was no bad thing as there were quite a few children staying in the main house while I was there (noisy). Hardly any of us used the kitchen while I stayed, which is a great room - can't see why it's a problem that it's in the coach house. Chill out rooms in the main house looked lovely. Lots of people staying when I was there, all different ages and nationalities, all very friendly. The room I had was a little old, but it's a YHA, I wasn't expecting 5 star luxury. I had my own bathroom, which was great.

Room Tip: I'm sure some of the rooms in the main house have amazing views might be a bit noisier than the coach house.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo