“Superb”
Review of Plas Menai

Plas Menai
Ranked #12 of 43 things to do in Caernarfon
More attraction details
Owner description: Plas Menai is the National Outdoor Centre for Wales. We run an extensive programme of technical and coach education courses in dinghy sailing, windsurfing, powerboating cruising and kayaking. We also run a busy programme of outdoor activities for schools, groups, adults, children and the local community.
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Went to Plas Menai for a sailing course the wind were very strong but i had complete faith in the instructors the equipment was all superb well looked after. Accomodation was clean and very comfortable.the only critisism i would make was that towards the end of the week a large group arrived so maybe the meal times could have gone to two sittings

Reviewed 24 May 2013

First visit to Plas Menai was impressive. From the time I entered the centre to the time I left a week later, the staff were welcoming, friendly & helpful. Spent a week kayaking with a couple of coaches from the centre and 6 other people on the course and not once did I feel that I shouldn't have booked on the trip or would have gone elsewhere. The week was incredibly good value for money and I can't wait to see what's on offer next year. I've already booked another course at Plas Menai for later this year.

Reviewed 28 August 2012

My children and I just had a great holiday at Plas Menai. Before we had got into the car to drive home they were plotting to go again next year. Every member of staff we met contributed to us having a good time. I'd thoroughly recommend it for families - just be prepared to come home exhausted and covered in bruises. Also be prepared to be soaking wet and a little chilly for 8 hours every day!

3  Thank victoria g
Reviewed 13 August 2012

Booked a week intermediate sailing course and it was one of the best weeks of my life!

The group was just 3 of us to one instructor, who was brilliant. It was left very open to choice, if you wanted heavy hands on tuition, or to enjoy the beautiful scenery over a serene day in your boat, getting to grips with it yourself.

I have stayed in hotels that cost double what the accomodation cost and were far worse. Although basic, the rooms were decent and certainly livable, and for £100 an absolute bargain.

They have an incredible amount of equipment there so that you don't have to bring anything, and the selection, variation and quantity of boats is mind blowing.

100% reccomend, especially for teenagers and young adults, as the centre is certainly youth orientated, but the family courses also looked excellently run, and there is plenty for young children to do.

Simply love the place and can't wait to go back again

1  Thank nostalgia123
Reviewed 27 April 2012

we did a sailing course for two days here and it was great, our instructor was excellent and the facilities are really good