“Slow and poor service”

Ranked #48 of 104 Restaurants in Caernarfon
Price range: US$1 - US$26
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, International
Good for: Groups, Kids, View, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Cash Only, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Palmerston North, New Zealand
“Slow and poor service”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We stayed at the premier inn next door on 17th and 18th July and for ease we used this restaurant. The restaurant was a real let down, we had pre booked the meal deal through Premier Inn and also reserved a table for both nights, however after a tiring journey we arrived just before 8pm and after waiting 10 mins for someone to acknowledge us only to find our table had not been reserved, we were then left standing a further 10 mins before someone came and showed us to a seating area where we could wait until a table became available, after a further 10 or so mins we were shown to a table, it took a further 30mins to actually get to order and then receive a drink and the meal experience was no better. The words 'apologies for the wait', 'someone will be with you shortly' and 'I'll just check on your order', were heard frequently throughout the whole restaurant. When trying to sort the bill, the person behind the bar decided it was more important to have a conversation with someone else, when he finally acknowledged us he tried to charge for the meal that we had already pre paid for. This eventually got sorted, the whole experience took over two and a half hours! Breakfast didn't fare much better, with one of our party ordering porridge, after waiting for 25mins we decided to check what was happening, only to be told 'sorry the porridge has run out', by this time the rest of our party had more or less finished. The floor area was a hazard with several wet areas where drinks had been spilt, this was rectified with several 'caution wet floor' signs which just made the whole area an obstacle course. The following evening was marginally better after making sure and watching that they had reserved a table. It is obvious that the restaurant is not running under good management and costs have obviously been cut by using minimal staff, who are obviously rushed off their feet. Our particular waiter, who we had both evenings was friendly but obviously struggling with the demands put on him. We would not have chosen to eat there the second day had we not already pre paid.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank mdt1961

“Would not recommend!”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Terrible attitude on the general manager who was actually greeting & seating people. We were met with quite a cold welcome. When asked politley if we could get a table for 2-adults and 2-children, he said you will have to wait 45 minutes, which is fair enough so we sat patiently for 40 minutes, only then to find out that to actually eat was going to be a further 45minutes! Our youngest is 20month's old and our son 8. We left and ate from a local take out as it was far less hassle.

Again the following morning we turn up for breakfast as it was paid for with our room at the Premier Inn 'Table Table' being their affiliated restaurant. We waited an age to be seated, and then half of the food trays & hot plates were empty and when asking the staff if there was more food coming they were incredibly uninterested, I said in dispare to a member of staff what should I do with the food that was going cold on my plate, I said should I just let it spoil and go cold! And they said 'ok, yes' When I asked for cooking utensils I think they went to make them rather than getting them from the kitchen! The suasages were dry and had obviously been sat there for hours! There were no eggs, no mushrooms, no bowls for cereal and the staff just didn't give a stuff!

Maybe we just had a bad experience however from reading other reviews here, 'Table Table' need to seriously rethink, the service and attitude we experienced was not at all acceptable. Whilst easting our breakfast there were several other visitors talking about the terrible service and attitude of the staff.

2 Thank Paul H
Island of Anglesey, United Kingdom
“Offensive customer service”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Was sitting outside when I asked for a free refill as our food had just arrived. Was told by the waitress to go to the bar to get it myself because she was busy with serving food. All she needed to say was, "I'll get it right after I finish bringing out the food." I wouldn't have minded waiting. When I pay money to eat out I expect some level of customer service. My expectations were too high for this place.

3 Thank lors153
buckinghamshire, england
“place is a disaster”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Well my second visit to this place after only about month and half since last visit and review.
Oh dear what a place talk about go completely down hill . Where can i start, well breakfast seems ok as they had a help yourself buffet operating and it worked well . Go early as one misses the tourist crowd . Dinner is another matter, on each occasion i had a table booked . First dinner visit i was greeted by a young lady who whilst friendly was actually not at all professional . Was full of hello love and excuses about the service . But i did get served reasonable and the food was ok .
Second visit with a booked table was terrible the gentleman who was greeting took me to a corner and basically shoved me away like a naughty school boy under punishment . At the table my view was in front of me a brick wall and to my side the bar with every body passing and chatting at bar and staff standing at bar chatting .I felt very uncomfortable to say the least and also felt that as a lone diner i was a nuisance. The restaurant was not overly busy i would say it was flowing nicely , in fact i noticed quite a few tables empty. In fact i heard one of the staff saying that there was plenty of room at back but they did not want to alter tables Hmmmm .
Well after 30 minute of waiters and waitress passing me by and just glaring i eventually managed to get some attention . The conversation went like oh sorry sir i don't know why you have not been served but i will take your order,well how good of him!!
The food duly came , i noticed many people who had been seated after me had there tables served quicker. Well the place seemed badly organised staff seemed unaware of professional etiquette and all staff seemed to be making excuses for the obvious appalling service .
This being my second visit in Last few months with a similar experience last time i now have gone past the benefit of doubt and i now will never ever use this place again and i also intend to speak to the head office . Use it at your peril the place is nothing short of a transport cafe with cushions , even the bar is badly run with staff who seem mouthy and have little knowledge .
For a major tourist town this particular restaurant / transport cafe is a bad advert for Caernarfon . Never again good luck to any who use it , there are far better and cheaper places to eat. wetherspoons is up the road and much better .

4 Thank easyrider39
Hampshire, United Kingdom
“Advised not to eat here but a drink would be ok and I now know why!”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Having read previous reviews on Trip Advisor and taken advise from hotel staff we decided not to eat here however we did stop for a drink. The restaurant area was littered with dirty tables. Plates and glasses were left abandoned on tables long after diners had gone and outside all of the tables had dirty glasses, we had to clear a table to sit at it! There were lots of staff inside so I really don't know why there is a lack of attention to the tables.
The only good thing able this place is the views over Victoria Docks.

Visited July 2014