Ty Mawr Farm
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Tyn Rhos Country House(Llanddeiniolen)
View Hotel
Hotel Port Dinorwic(Y Felinheli)
  • Bar/Lounge
Gwesty Carreg Bran Hotel(Llanfairpwllgwyngyll)
Lake View(Llanberis)
  • Restaurant
The Anglesey Arms(Menai Bridge)
Victoria Hotel(Menai Bridge)
Auckland Arms(Menai Bridge)
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewswelsh cakesthe cottagessausage rollswasher and dryerwelcoming ladyfarm staylovely treatfarm houseb bhome made cakeslog firereal fireworking farmsecond homehearty breakfasttwo nightsnight stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We arrived early on 16th June for 2 nights. We wandered in to find Jane who we found to be very friendly. As we were early we were given the choice of rooms. We chose a cottage, absolutely fantastic and comfy. (Disabled friendly, not that we needed it). Also the views of the mountains fantastic. Jane welcomed us with wonderful huge plate of cakes. The breakfast the following morning was excellent, choice of cereals, yoghurt, fruit etc, egg, bacon, sausage, fresh tomato, mushrooms, beans well cooked, hot plates etc, could not have been bettered. We ordered 2 rashers of bacon, advise you only order one! The rashers are huge and thick, I struggled to eat both, and felt guilty for leaving some when I had ordered it. (It's a generation thing you don't waste food). The toast was thick and lovely, good choice of toppings. Plenty of tea and coffee. You couldn't get a better breakfast anywhere. Jane was an excellent host. Will certainly return.

Room Tip: All the rooms were lovely
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Our Ty Mawr farm stay with Jane was an absolutely lucky find and a little gem within a short drive to Snowdon and Bangor. The cottage is spacious and fully contained, right down to washing machine and dish washer. Jane bakes like an angel and the cake and cookies on arrival, and full breakfasts where amazing. We thoroughly enjoyed our 4 day stay and look forward to a return visit to this beautiful area to explore the hiking and sites more.

Room Tip: I found the bed a bit soft, and would have preferred a harder mattress otherwise would have no problem recommending this farm stay, especially if u want to hike Snowdon as the mountain is a short drive away. In. Bangor (10 min drive away) there is also a large Tasco and The Range stores.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MoccaJava
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We just spent Christmas at the farm and as always, we had an awesome time. We seem to come back and back and back, and small wonder. Jane makes our stay so good and we love the cottage and the surrounding countryside, We usually have Hendre Cottage and did so again this year. When we arrived, we were greeted by a fully decorated Christmas Tree that Jane had put up for us! She had left homemade mince pies for us and after a hideous drive up from the Isle of Wight in driving rain and wind, was it ever welcome! She had also laid a fire and all we needed to do was light it.
We have been there so much that the cottage feels like home.In fact, it is fast becoming our second home lol and we feel like family!. The amenities of the cottage are fantastic and given the weather, the wood burning fireplace was never out of use mainly because it was so cheery.
Now, we can't wait until we come back.

Room Tip: All the cottages are great. We like Hendre because it is so home like and comfortable.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Jane and family were so welcoming. We felt like family when we left. The two rooms in the farmhouse were clean, spacious and comfortable. There are two sitting rooms for guests. Jane welcomed us with tea and delicious cake, made us a fantastic breakfast in the morning with her fresh baked bread, and sent us on her way with just baked Welsh cakes for our ferry ride to Ireland.
We would love to return to rent one of the cottages.
Wonderful!

Room Tip: You will be happy with either room in the house. The cottages were charming.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I was fortunate enough to book a cancellation in Hefod Cottage when I was seeking somewhere to stay for The Snowdonia Marathon.
On arrival I was given Welshcake, Barabrith and shortbread - all really nice and I was made to feel very welcome.
The ameneties in the cottage were perfect, clean and up to date. The shower was very powerful and the bath was nice and big.
Plenty of space to park my car in front of patio doors, bed comfy, kitchen well equipped.
Lovely view of Snowdonia peaks from the kitchen door.
I can't comment on breakfast as I had to rush off in the morning, but if the cakes are anything to go by, then I'm sure it was lovely.
I'll be back with my wife and dogs (yes, it's dog friendly) soon and back with lots of folk from my running club next Autumn.
Diolch yn fawr Ty Mawr.