“Shame ”

Villa Marina
Ranked #14 of 103 Restaurants in Caernarfon
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Shame ”
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

We had a meal here on the 16th July. Started off well with a nice and well presented starter. Unfortunately it was roasting in the place and everyone was sweating so I had to ask for a window to be opened. It was a bit cramped as well. I had a calzone, which was tasty and well presented. Unfortunately my lady got to the end of her meal opened her final clam and it was rotten and disgusting. I didn't kick up a fuss, tho it put me off the rest of my food. I discretely informed the waitress. When she returned with the bill, she informed me she had knocked a glass of wine off the bill. I spoke to her privately and told her the wine was fine and that it was my girlfriends pasta I wanted removing. Waitress had a lot of attitude considering we might be food poisoned (I had tried her meal). They removed the pasta from the bill. Low and behold, the next day we both felt nauseous and I'm writing this at 6pm the day after and still feeling sick. I'd avoid. They would have got a better review had they dealt with the issue better.

2 Thank Johnny L

“Nothing but good!!!”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Caernafon is not blessed with many restaurants and we were getting desperate so we consulted trip adviser and happily settled on the Villa Marina. Our pasta meals were beautifully cooked and full of flavour and the profiterole my wife had for dessert were delicious. The friendly service was prompt and efficient. Would I go back again? YOU BET!!!

2 Thank John A
Bangor, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Italian?”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I went with some coworkers-friend, steakhouse? They have only sirloin steaks. The pasta dishes was over-over cooked with dubious Italian recipes! Average, nothing really special, the service was nor really attentive at all.

Runcorn, United Kingdom
“Villa Marina - Viva!!”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Villa Marina set back on a terrace overlooking the river in Caernarfon, serves up a real treat, probably one word sums up this small restaurant that is but big on flavour - "FAB-U-LOS" It's a big fat ten from us kids from Cheshire. Thank you staff & happy to recommend the Villa Marina.
Special mention to Guy & Christine for the presentation & quality of the food, the staff on duty on Saturday 12th July evening Jackie - Vernon - Catrin, nice friendly people.
We shall return - why not x
Off the menu or the special board you will not be disappointed if you are dining in this area of
North Wales. My only negative and it's nothing to do with the food or serve. The restaurant needs a little bit of TLC & a paint brush in a number of area's. But! that's just me being me - sorry!
Regards GCD & JMC

London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,648 helpful votes
“Small but perfectly formed”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Villa Marina is an Italian restaurant located about 30 metres from the main square. It is a converted end-of-terrace house. The room downstairs seats about two dozen and there is another up stairs. The proprietor slaves away in the kitchen in the basement. We both had pasta dishes and these were very well presented, very tasty and quite ample. I had to finish my wife's, of course. As well as the very smooth house Merlot, I treated myself to a grappa to finish. It was a very nice meal.
Although it was a Monday, the place was crowded and we were lucky to get a table without booking.

Visited July 2014