“terrible service, inexperienced staff”
Review of The Anglesey Arms

The Anglesey Arms
Ranked #30 of 104 Restaurants in Caernarfon
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Canadian Prairies
“terrible service, inexperienced staff”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I had dinner here in June 2014 with 2 other adults. Ordered a bottle of wine to drink with dinner, and waited and waited for the staff to bring it. Finally, I went back to the bar to ask the staff to bring the wine. After much searching, we were told that they didn't have the wine we ordered, but all of the wine was the same price so we could just pick as different kind. However, the wines on the menu are not the same price, and we had initially ordered a more expensive bottles only to end up with a cheaper kind (we were not reimbursed the difference). Then, we were given a bottle which had already been opened and was not full. I complained and they brought a full, sealed bottle. Then the food arrived. Mine had a hair in it. When I told the staff, they asked what I wanted them to do about it and did not offer to reimburse my meal nor offer any other compensation or apology. To their credit, the 2 others I was with thought their food tasted fine. The main issue is the terrible service and I certainly would NOT recommend this restaurant to anyone.

1 Thank MoeCanadianPrairies

Caernarfon, United Kingdom
“Good music at a fantastic location”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

A must visit pub in Caernarfon on a sunny evening. Live music last night very pleasant with the sun going down over Anglesey, across the bay. A very social atmosphere, and the live music completes the setting

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Back to its best”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Finally after years of being the UK's best located mediocre boozer I can confirm that with its new owners, came a new broom.. the place has been transformed. We have eaten here three times in the last 6 months and the food is good, the staff are friendly, the service is very good. The place has a smile back on its face. Definitely the place to go to watch the sun set over the menai straits.

2 Thank papalamour
“Perfect setting and food ”
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Called in asked if food was available was made vary welcome food served very prompt and was great lovely atmosphere will be back when in area next

1 Thank Steve C
Beaumaris, United Kingdom
“Lively nice place”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Valentines meal, great service, good food and an enjoyable evening.
Modern dinning with a varied menu, so plenty to choose from.
I like my steak blue, Chef did a great job with a superb cut of meat.

Visited February 2014