The Anglesey Arms Hotel
US$148
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
US$133
Travelodge Caernarfon Hotel(Caernarfon)(Great Value!)
US$67
Travelodge
Menai Bank Hotel(Caernarfon)
US$91
  • Bar/Lounge
US$187
US$168
Premier Inn Bangor Hotel(Bangor)(Great Value!)
US$141
PremierInn.com
Tyn Rhos Country House(Llanddeiniolen)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Alpine Lodge(Llanberis)
All reviewsbefore midnightshared facilitiesfamily friendly pubfish and chipsgreat view of the castlesunny daygreat pubmenai straitssunday carveryhappy staffbangor universityallow dogsselection of beerspub foodlovely foodwell worth a visitlittle gem
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 April 2013 via mobile

A decent B&B in a great location. It's right beside Caernarfon castle and looks out onto the Menai straits. The pub below is a fun pub with friendly serving staff. It's really close to the main restaurant street and everything else is within walking distance.

The pub below can get a bit noisy so it's maybe not the best place to stay of you've got small children but overall it's a good B&B and the view is just amazing!

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 7 November 2012

From the outside, the hotel doesnt look bad.
On the inside, it is very dated and the rooms are cold with dated decor.
The service was poor on top of all this - the staff were unprofessional and non-attentive.
They were swearing and joking around whilst I was waiting patiently to be seen to.
The pub downstairs does okay meals however the noise carried all the way up to the rooms.

I'd probably pay half of what I did to stay here again unfortunately.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 November 2012 via mobile

Booked by a friend, this was supposed to be a place to get some rest after we conquered Mt Snowden. Rest, my eye.

First of all; shared bathroom. What is this, a hostel??
Second of all, "sofa bed" is as hard as a rock.
Third of all, situated above a pub whose very loud, crap music penetrates the room and is supposed to stop at midnight ... except it didn't. Also, you can hear every single noise ... ever.
Fourth of all, room was booked for three and we got two sets of towels only.

No meals included, free WiFi is rubbish unless you're balanced on foot in the southern corner of the room during a new moon, and the staff is polite but lacklustre.

Cleanliness of the rooms is questionable - mouldy curtain on window to start.

Crap, crap, crap.

Pay a few quid more and for the love of sleep...STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank Krinkles28
Reviewed 30 September 2012

I have been experiencing massive issues with this B&B. My partner and I were supposed to stay there at the end of August 2012, but due to personal circumstances we had to cancel our trip. The cancellation policy stated that we can cancel until 24th August 23:59. On 23rd August I have sent email cancellation to the hotel Manager but not heard anything back. To ensure that my cancellation had gone through correctly I called the hotel on the morning of 24th, spoken to Steven, who ensured me that no further charges will apply. A month after that event, I have noticed that hotel has charged me for the full amount of the booking (we were supposed to stay for the 2 nights). Since then, I have been trying to contact Ms Limerick (hotel manager) to request a refund with no luck. I have been calling few times every day leaving my contact details for someone to call me back. I have also been lied to about the shifts time hotel manager supposed to work on each day.

I found it unacceptable, that without any authorization my card has been charged a month after my booking cancellation. It is very frustrating to deal with the staff there, as I feel that they do not pay ANY attention to my issue.

If you do not want to go through the same issues DO NOT book with The Anglesey Arms, as the whole staff is unreliable.

Unfortunately, this bad experience discourages me from using Booking.com services as I do not believe that similar issue will not re-occur.

Room Tip: do not book any rooms with them
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Agnieszka G
Reviewed 3 September 2012

we had booked a confirmed night on the 1st of august 2012, through the site booking.com (where i have had always good experience with no surprise for yeras) , but i discoverd the previous day that they did not have our reservation and did not intend to take us ( i was phoning the Anglesey arms to extend the reservation to another night if possible)
i checked with booking.com immediaty, they were contacting the hotel with no more success although the reservation was well confirmed to them too
finally, booking.com was able to get a room in a B and B nearby also owned by the same owner, at he same price
it was ok but not at all what we expected in terms of view and convenience ( parking place), the reasons why i had booked at The anglesey arms ; besides thre was no excuse of them, and fortunately booking.com dit its best ( and i paid a lot in phoning to everybody)

we dscoverd that it seems to be a habit of this owner to overbook and then dispatch the people to his other B and B, not being correct to anybody !

it is realy a shame for such a place to try to cheat people like that
beware of that : they ar not reliable at all, you might just dicover that they had better clients than you !

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family