“Wet Wales sanctuary”

Cuisines: Italian, Welsh
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Warm and welcoming for a late lunch. really nice staff.

Reviewed 5 April 2012

Had a fantastic night great food brilliant atmosphere. In fact it's my new favorate restaurant! Absolute brilliant don't want to put it down in anyway others than, the tables for 2 did seem as cosy as the larger tables and I really dis-liked one of the young male waiters he seemed very immature, His older and more mature colleagues couldn't be faulted, he was young and did not fit in at all, but don't hold that against the place the kitchens toilet and dining area were spotless and an excellent choice of wine and the mussels were fantasiv part of a great menu, chefs looked extremely professional in the open style kitchen! Will be going back very soon

Reviewed 17 March 2012

Firendly staff and a brilliantly atmospheric room, well cooked food at a reasonable price. We loved everything we had to eat there and will return when next in Caernarfon.

1  Thank weeesel
Reviewed 13 March 2012

I have now been twice to Wal, and am sorry to say that I am very desapointed with this new eaterie in Caernarfon. My 1st visit was only for a "simple" capuccino coffee, everything went fine expext for the shot of expresso missing in my cup, I had to go to the bar to get the mistake rectified as the staff seemed unavailable, although, as mentioned by other reviewers the staffs were around, but lacked attention...or motivation to do their jobs.
My 2nd visit was for lunch, and although the service was OK, and the food just about OK I would certainly have prefered my Burger to be served on a plate rather than a maingy wooden board, accompanied by a metal chip basket??? I may be very old fashion, but I do believe in serving simple food the simple way...ON A PLATE., I would also have liked my burger to be "Genuinely Home Made" and my bun not to be burned.
Although this place has great potential, and the decor is very nice, it seems to lack the most important ingredients, some properly trained staff, both at front of house and in the kitchen.
After having those two, less than acceptable experiences, I doubt I will return to this, I hesitate to say...restaurant.

2  Thank cripsyduck
Reviewed 11 March 2012

Visiting over the February half term holiday my family and I were over the moon to find the restaurant Wal in Caernarfon. Firstly, the building itself is stunning. Walking into what looked like a perfectly preserved shop front the restaurant inside definitely has the WOW factor, old features mixed with subtle modern touches and the wall itself running across the restaurant which the enthusiastic staff were more than happy to tell us about. A part Roman wall in a restaurant!

We visited at lunchtime and the atmosphere was a bustling mix of holiday makers and locals a definite 'buzz' to this place. We had a mix of breakfasts and childrens meals which were served quickly. My youngest son finished his burger with gusto! The sausages with the breakfast were without doubt the tastiest I've ever had!
Despite the bustle of what was now a full restaurant we never felt rushed. Staff were happy to talk to us about the restaurant and the town and engaged in that banter which goes so well with an atmosphere like this.
I can only say good things about our experience and hope others are lucky enough to find thid gem. The locals are lucky to have s place like this! Well done!