“dinner for 15 customers pre ordered food in the morning” 1 of 5 bubbles

Wal
Ranked #9 of 103 Restaurants in Caernarfon
Cuisines: British
Good for: Cheap Eats, Groups, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Tenby, United Kingdom
“dinner for 15 customers pre ordered food in the morning”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

Terrible service, poorly trained staff, bottle of wine opened without foil being removed and left jagged and obviously if we poured from it the red wine would have gone every where.
One of us ordered rare steak which was blue and cold, no garlic butter came, as was supposed to be with it either. When asked for the garlic butter it was supposed to have a hard refrigerated lump was brought and the steak obviously didn't have enough heat to even melt it onto it!
One vegetarian ordered assorted fungi pizza it came with one ordinary sliced mushroom only in the topping. When it was pointed out to the manager he took it away and a few more were added he returned plonked it in front of my friend and said there you are I counted at least 10 mushrooms on that sarcastically! It was the same pizza kept hot with more plain ordinary mushrooms with the crust dried out, brittle , powdery and absolutely tasteless! His wife also had pizza and the topping on hers was sparse with a good two inches of surrounding dough, dry, powdery and without topping. In no time whilst we were eating did any of the staff come and ask if we were ok or if we wanted more drinks. There is no way I would ever go there again! The manager definitely needs to brush up on his people skills and hospitality and train his staff

• Visited July 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Saundersfoot, United Kingdom
“The worst pizza ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

If you want to pay over the odds for poor service, rude management, small portions, poor food or an inedible pizza this is the place for you.
We pre-booked and pre-ordered meals the day before for a party of 16 on Saturday 5th July 2014. The restaurant clearly did not have enough ingredients for our meals. I ordered a vegetarian pizza (funghi) described as ‘Classic base with assorted mushrooms, red onions and peppers with mozzerella’. I was served with a pizza base one third covered with sauce, about 3 centimetres of red pepper and ONE small mushroom sliced into 5 pieces and without any cheese. The head waiter (a tall, rude and sarcastic Irish guy) took it away and returned it with some more mushroom and some melted cheddar on top. It had been put under the grill again which had toasted the base to the consistency of a crisp. It really was inedible and I sent it back and told them not to bring me anything else, and I was hungry! I would have thought it impossible for anyone to mess up a pizza, let alone an expensive (supposedly) Italian restaurant, but these guys managed it. We all make mistakes but there was no excuse for the rudeness. Others in our party also had cause to complain about very small portions. They had run out of mussels and split up what they had left amongst those in our party who ordered them (7 each). None of the 16 had a good meal. It is impossible to describe how bad this place is in a brief post. Eat at the Wal at your own peril.
There are some very good restaurants in Caernarfon, the nearby ‘Black Boy’ is excellent especially for breakfast.

• Visited July 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank James B
“Great place to eat!!! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

You will not be disappointed if you choose to eat at the wal. The service and atmosphere is superb and the food is the best that I have had in Caernarfon. I would definitely recommend the wal to people, its a place where they can get exceptional food at a reasonable price.
Keep up the good work, next time we climb snowdon we will be back.

“Great atmosphere,great food, great service !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

It was my birthday last weekend and took friends to Caernarfon and met other friends i hadn't seen for some time who live in the area. There were 9 of us in total and after meeting up for a quick drink went to the Wal where we had booked a table. We were immediately seated, where they had set up tables for us and attended to straight away. It was busy and there did not appear to be an empty table in the place. The staff were friendly and helpful and engaging. I had a pasta dish as a starter, which was a smaller portion of one of the main meals. It was lovely. I then had a steak for my main which was cooked just to my liking. The food was great. The service was excellent and well timed and the price was very reasonable. We had a great night and i would highly recommend the Wal as a great place to meet up and enjoy your food in nice surroundings with a chilled out atmosphere.

2 Thank Gareth J
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“"Great service and food after our trek up Snowden"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

Went to The wal with friends after our trip up and down Snowden. Was all shown to our seats and hostess was really polite and chatted to us about our trip.
There was a good menu choice to choose from for starters and mains. For my starter I ordered calamari and for my main was italian sausage tagliatelle pasta with a creamy sauce. Calamari was perfectly cooked and not to chewy and my pasta was a really good portion size and so tasty and well seasoned . Other friends ordered pizza, rib eye steak and burger. They were all really pleased with the quality of food and portion sizes. What I was really impressed with as well was the service as food came to us well timed for our starters and mains and enough time in between meals. This was impressive as restaurant was busy. The restaurant atmosphere was really bubbly and nice ambience throughout. Would definitely recommend and look to visit again with the family.

• Visited June 2014