“Great food, service & atmosphere”
Review of Wal

Wal
Ranked #14 of 111 Restaurants in Caernarfon
Cuisines: Italian, Welsh
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 15 October 2017

I found Wal on tripadvisor before our trip to Caernarfon Castle. My only negative is the opening times. They're open for lunch and then close till 6pm. It was well worth the wait till 6pm for dinner though! And the opening times info on here is quick to fix.

The surroundings and the atmosphere was lovely and there was a whole mix of people from myself with my ten year old daughter, to young couples, to a 'mature' couple. The staff were friendly, helpful and down-to-heart but equally gave you space to enjoy your meal. We arrived at 6pm and we definitely weren't rushed through.

The food was lovely too. The starter garlic bread with cheese would have been enough to fill both my daughter and I! and the pizzas on the next table looked good too. I had risotto, which was perfectly cooked and my daughter had the children's breaded chicken goujons, which was 'proper' chicken and homemade.

I've saved Wal in my favourites for the next trip to Caernarfon. A lovely independent restaurant.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

After booking a B&B close to Snowdon, a post-climb restaurant for dinner was in order.
Reviews of Wal looked promising so a reservation was duly made.

It was a Saturday night and quite busy so a reservation was absolutely needed.

I was looking for a palate cleansing appetiser so chose the caesar salad. The leaves were fresh and crunchy and the other ingredients in good proportion. Unfortunately, it was rather overdressed, so I managed a little more than half before I gave up.

I ordered the sirloin as my main and it was truly tender and delicious. However, it wasn't the medium rare I had asked for and was medium to medium well. This might have been due to the kitchen being busy, but on a second visit I would probably go for rare.

A decent wine list with a good range and very reasonably priced. Good value for money all round. Service was cheerful and generally timely. Certainly worth a return visit next time I'm in north Wales!

Reviewed 2 October 2017

We found this little gem on an off chance and SO glad we did. We had a light lunch and the kids really enjoyed their fish fingers and chips. Staff were really friendly and went out their way to make us feel welcome.
Every thing was really clean, including the toilets, which is always a bonus.
Will defintly be returning when we are in the area again.
Highly recomend!

Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

About the best I could say is OK. Food was alright. Service was slow. They forgot drinks. Had to go and ask halfway through meal for coffees

Reviewed 29 September 2017

Visited this restaurant whilst on a coach trip last Wednesday. Friendly staff. It was a quick visit as I only had a a short time to spend. Came across the restaurant whilst browsing the shops. Only had a quick snack which was really nice. Tables layed out nicely. Nice surroundings and very clean including the toilets. Will definitely visit again when next in the area.