1,156 results
All reviewsleisure facilitiescoach partiessauna and steam roomlovely hotelcoach tripswimming poolbuffet stylegood sizereception areapublic areasevening mealdouble bednorth walestown centrecaernarfon castlefamily roomboth nights
Reviewed 31 March 2012

Superb quality pool, etc. Very clean, very pleasant staff, excellent food.
Stayed for 5 days and had nothing to complain about.
Stayed in March and had B&B and Eve meal for very good deal.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Visiting Caemarfon on the spur of the moment we didnt have a booking anywhere and landed on this hotel's doorstep because it boasted a leisure pool. We were not disapointed, the rooms were spacious and very clean and the dinner both nights was excellent as was the breakfast. It has a gym, spa, sauna and pool . The staff were friendly and professional. All in all a great place to stay, only one thing let it down ( this is only my personal opinion) and that was the bar. It didnt have a welcoming atmosphere or the same elegant feeling that the rest of the hotel has.In fact it reminded me of a "men only" bar and was not an encouraging place to sit and sip a wine before dinner hence I rated it 4 stars and not 5. This was the only critisism I can make about this hotel as the rest was of excellent standard.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 March 2012

Stayed here last weekend and three things annoyed me. 1st on arrival say a huge bill board in the car park advertising £59 rates, I had paid £139. 2nd I booked dinner bed and breakfast but on arrival was told I basically had to go straight to dinner now (at 6:15pm) or wait until 9pm. As I had booked D,B&B, how could they fail to book a table? We had our meal n the bar, which was OK, bu not ideal. 3rd no kids in pool after 6pm. I booked the hotel because I was travelling with my 10 year old son who loves going swimming. Don't really see the reason for this rule, it can't get so bad that it causes problems and why should kids be discriminated against? They are paying guests too. So be warned if you are a family.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 March 2012

Had our dance weekend here again. Accommodation couldnt fault it. Staff very polite and friendly and nothing too much trouble. Food cooked and served beautifully.Managed to use the facilities this time which was superb.Booked bed breakfast and evening meal but ate in at lunch times both days.More than adequate parking for cars of any size. Food very reasonably priced. The group of nearly 100 mixed age people have booked again for same time next year. However my partner and I have booked to stay over the New Year period we were so impressed with the Hotel food and service.

Room Tip: I dont think there is a bad room in the hotel. This is from the group of dancers this weekend.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank maggie01Lancashire
Reviewed 3 March 2012

The front of the hotel as you approach is quite impressive - if you park round the back however you do wonder if you are staying in student accommodation. The public rooms however are very pleasant, stylish and spacious. I had a very nice large room at the front corner of the hotel, which was very nice although it was hard to watch the TV since it was tiny, high on the wall and a long way from anything to sit on apart from the desk chair. My bathroom was small and a bit chilly as it had single glazing and was rather battered by the prevailing wind.
There is what looks like a very nice pool and spa, although I didn't use them myself. Food was fine although the vegetarian choices were rather limited. Bar prices are rather high.
The staff are generally really very nice indeed - pleasant and helpful.
I'd stay again - except I prefer the Black Boy.

Room Tip: I had room 122 which was large but the bathroom is cold in the winter at least
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business