1,179 results
All reviews leisure facilities coach parties sauna and steam room lovely hotel swimming pool coach trip buffet style good size north wales double bed reception area evening meal reception staff public areas caernarfon castle town centre family room
Reviewed 20 June 2012

I stayed two nights at Celtic Royal Hotel in Caernarfon. It is a lovely old building on a quiet street and the staff are a real asset to the place. Everyone was helpful and friendly. We did not eat here other than breakfast so I cannot comment too much on the food. I had booked on the internet and then phoned to say I needed an extra night as my partner was joining me for the weekend. When I got there, I discovered that once it was realised I was not taking the room as a single letting, the price went from GBP99 to 135. I was not in a position to quibble as it seemed I was not clear enough which may well have been the case but in any event the room was the same for one as for two and to my mind this was bad value. Breakfast certainly was not worth GBP35. The rooms were really clean and linen very fresh but the double bed was not really built for anyone not petite of frame. A nuisance in Caernarfon is the seagull. The room was not well soundproofed and the windows were single glazed so the noise of the birds was a nuisance but the staff moved us to a different room the next day and this was smaller but better soundproofed. Breakfast was a buffet and it was not brilliant. Overall, I would rate the hotel as average. I think I slept well because I had cycled a big distance when in the area. On that note, the hotel staff were really good about looking after my bike so that it was stored in a secure place.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2012

Room was substantial, one double and a single bed, bathroom was great size. The interior of the hotel is gorgeous, very relaxing. There is free wifi throughout the hotel (!) and we watched the sunset on the pier which is 5 minutes walk.

Great hotel in a nice location near Bangor. We ate dinner and breakfast; both were good.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
6  Thank arnald5
Reviewed 26 May 2012

friends were already at hotel,so i joined them at last notice,and got a good price including breakfast.the room was spacious for 3 of us.staff are helpful,happy.
the pool was great at 7am,lovely and clean,and the sauna too.
food was gorgeous,presented great,and good menu.the bar was nice and chilled.
this hotel is central and has good carpark-safe.
i would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank clairieWales
Reviewed 17 May 2012

We went to stay here as there was a wedding on there that we were attending.
I was delighted with the place. We had a lovely room and although I thought the B& B rate was high, the D, B&B rate was amazing for such a super restaurant.
The Pool, jacuzzi section, steam room, and sauna all with luxury changing facilities was brilliant.
We were very impressed with all the staff, the waitresses, two of whom were Hungarian and very friendly, were quite delightful.
Caernarfon castle was brilliant and this was only a short walk. There were also waterfront walks very close.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SmileyDawn
Reviewed 7 May 2012

This Hotel is one of Caernarfon's finest, even if the rooms are a bit 'dated' The pool and Spa are 'Fab' and looked after by the brilliant Brian. Food here is really good, as is the atmosphere.Note, you guys need some new entertainment, some of it is really naff. We had my Husband's 50th here and the Buffet was top class. Management really care about the 'Guest' experience. One little moan, they don't employ enough 'locals', but the Staff are quite charming. Some staff have a bit of a problem with English, but saying that, they will still do their very best to help and always do it with a smile.

Room Tip: Have never slept here as we are local, be advised though, during busy periods staff rooms are given to guests and staff moved to local B&B's.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple