Celtic Royal Hotel
  • Breakfast included
Menai Bank Hotel(Caernarfon)
  • Bar/Lounge
View Hotel
Hotel Port Dinorwic(Y Felinheli)
View Hotel
Tyn Rhos Country House(Llanddeiniolen)
Lake View(Llanberis)
  • Restaurant
1,111 results
All reviewsleisure facilitiescoach partiessauna and steam roomlovely hotelcoach tripswimming poolnice pooldouble and single bedbuffet stylegood sizereception areaevening mealpublic roomsnorth walesthird floorweekend breaktown centre
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 August 2013

The Celtic Royal is a good looking hotel,very clean throughout with spacious rooms.The problem i had was with the evening meals . First let me say we arrived with a coach party,our party was asked to come for dinner at 7.30 pm. I think the hotel assume you are all friends,my wife and i we squeezed onto a table with four strangers, awkward when we did not even get our starters for 20 minutes, by the time we were being served the main course we had been there for 40 minutes ( served by waitresses out of tureens my wife was asked if she would like a potato singular ). We didn't stay for dessert or coffee because of the time,and wanted to go out for the evening.The entertainment provided in the hotel is fine if you are over 80,The bar was always closed when we came back at about 11 pm. Staff very noisy out the front of the building from about 7 am , even working with leaf blower,(sounded like a motorcycle).Ideal hotel for pensioners with hearing problems.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2013

I booked this hotel for the 17th August fro myself and a friend and of course, checked previous reviews online, before hand. It more than fulfilled my expectations. From entering the reception, the staff were all extremely helpful and efficient. The hotel itself has a lovely welcoming feel and our room was spacious and very clean and pleasantly decorated. The bathroom was just as clean and well appointed.
I DO so wish I'd eaten in the restaurant that evening but instead had a stroll round the town to hunt out a local eatery. BIG mistake! The restaurant menu at the hotel was far more interesting than any of those in the town. We learn by our mistakes and next time I won't bother to try anywhere else.
All in all, I can't wait to return to this terrific hotel and hopefully for a longer stay !!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank BubbaM60
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Excellent nights stay in a very large family room. Bathroom was also well appointed and spacious. Breakfast had lots of choice between cooked, continental and cereals. Would stay there again as most family rooms are so cramped but this one was enormous!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank penguin1820
Reviewed 21 August 2013

On the 16th of August 2013, my wife and I got married at this venue. We're giving it a 5 rating only because a 6 or 7 rating isn't available. The extent to which the staff and the hotel itself contributed to a fabulous, unforgettable experience cannot be understated. Most of our guests had never been to Caernarfon, let alone the hotel. As I'm a 'local' by birth and my wife a longstanding casual visitor to the town, when the question was popped, the venue materialised as a certainty, almost by default. The hotel held a promotion for weddings late last year. We visited, looked around and booked it. Simple. The challenge had been set. They were all fabulous. The cleanliness, the simplicity, the ambiance were unashamedly top drawer. We were concerned that some of our guests were particularly demanding and fastidious but any complaints could be rounded up to a big fat zero. The staff are mostly Eastern European. They were excellent. Thank you all so much. you were totally faultless.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank jivesroom
Reviewed 20 August 2013

First time in Wales. Came straight from the ferry from Ireland to the hotel. Nice easy drive and a wonderful place to end up at. The hotel is warm and cozy and very welcoming. We ate dinner in the bar instead of the restaurant and was very satisfied with the meal. The room was small compared to other hotels we have stayed but large enough for the two of us. Breakfast was typical fare, nothing exciting but filling.
The only drawback was how hard the bed was. Hubby and I both prefer a softer bed. But for one night, it was doable.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple