“Great hotel with a great location”
Review of Celtic Royal Hotel

Celtic Royal Hotel
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Caernarfon
Worcester, UK
“Great hotel with a great location”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

We booked this hotel for a week end in February for our son fifth birthday.
We had a great deal of £160 B&B for 2 nights.
We thought the room was really nice and a good enough size for the 4 of us. they put a cot bed for our baby and there was plenty of room.
We thought the breakfast was great, the staff were all really friendly and could not do enough for you.
One morning my wife asked for a banana for our baby and they realised they did not have one in the kitchen so they went to Asda opposite to get some ! great service.
We ate in on the second night as everything was booked up in town and we had a great meal for a reasonable price in the bar area.
We also tried the pool which is well worth a try. it is a good size and was great for the kids.
All in all a great hotel for a great price.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jerome_worcester

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay in this lovely hotel. The staff were kind and attentive without being obsequious and the hotel felt cosy and safe on a wet and cold night.
I ate in the bar and had a delicious 3 course meal, the breakfast was cooked fresh to order too. I would gladly return here for a holiday!
The staff had no problem in allowing me to park over the day for my meeting too.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Ant1974Greenhithe
Wales
Reviewed 4 March 2014

The hotel was welcoming, warm and the staff were polite and helpful, free parking is close by and plentiful. There was a rather strong smell of chlorine from the swimming pool as you entered, but can't say it bothered us. The hotel bar was OK, but not somewhere you'd really want to linger, and there were no real ales....always a let down for my husband! Our executive room was on the corner of the building so had double aspect windows with a good view of the sea. It was over warm for us, but in order to open the windows you had to open the secondary glazing which made it noisy, we overcame this by leaving them open whilst we were out and closing them when got back. Overall decor was good, bathroom clean and pleasant, but the carpets, (as is the case of most hotels I visit) could do with a good shampooing! Breakfast was excellent, one of the best I've had in some time! We did not get around to eating dinner in the town, so ordered sandwiches in our room, which were fresh tasty and well presented. Didn't use pool/spa so can't comment, but it looked nice!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Lincolnshire
Reviewed 4 March 2014

My mother and I stayed at this hotel between February 24 and 27 on a coach holiday. I had contacted the hotel with several queries prior to booking and each question was answered fully and was a great help to making us when deciding to book the holiday. Many thanks to Darren Lacey, Reservations Manager for his kindness and patience in answering my questions. The hotel is only a 3 star, but we, like others in our party, feel it should be a 4 star hotel. The décor was lovely and the rooms clean and spacious. As I use a wheelchair when away, we found that the spacious room was good for us and being able to maneuverer the wheelchair around. The bathroom was also large enough to accommodate my wheelchair and had bars by the toilet to aid getting up and down too. The staff were warm, friendly and welcoming and helpful too. There was a good choice of food at meal times, with something to cater for most tastes. If anyone couldn't find something to eat from the choices available, then they must have been very fussy and hard to please.

We enjoyed our stay and would love to return in the future if possible and will certainly recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Heather A
Cardigan, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Stayed at the Celtic Royal on St. David's Day weekend for two nights. Excellent service ,a warm welcome and excellent food with plenty of choices. Beautiful spacious bedrooms. Polite, courteous and hardworking staff. Thank you for a brilliant time, already booked to visit next year.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

My wife and I just spent three nights at this hotel and everything about our stay was excellent. The rooms were spacious and clean, the food was varied, plentiful and of the best quality and the staff were superb, extremely friendly, helpful and always greeted us and made us feel welcome, We would definitely return and will certainly be recommended to our friends.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
CORBY
Reviewed 27 February 2014

We're just back from a four day trip to this hotel with the above company.

The hotel is large and welcoming. We had bed, breakfast and evening meal.

The food was fantastic, I could not have had better food anywhere else. There was several choices at every course for dinner. Breakfast was cereal, yoghurt, prunes, fruit and full welsh cooked with the best bacon I've ever seen in a hotel!

The rooms were large with a really good hot shower.

There was also a leisure spa with pool, sauna, jacquizzi, very good my husband said.

We went out to several Welsh towns with an excellent driver called Paul.

All in all good value for money. We will definitely use this company again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CORBYGAL
Also consider these accommodations in or near Caernarfon
Black Boy Inn
#1 of 1 in Llanddeiniolen
Chateau Rhianfa
Chateau Rhianfa
#1 of 5 in Menai Bridge

Been to Celtic Royal Hotel? Share your experiences!