1,169 results
All reviews leisure facilities coach parties sauna and steam room lovely hotel coach trip swimming pool buffet style good size reception area public areas evening meal double bed north wales town centre caernarfon castle family room both nights
Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

Beautiful place, I spend weekend to visit the castle, only 5 minutes walking, I love the hotel nice place, great breakfast (hot and continental) staff very friendly, room very clean, I didn't had good view from my window, but amazing hotel, sauna, steam room, swimming pool,

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
celticroyalhotel, Guest Relations Manager at Celtic Royal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2017

Dear Jesse,

Thank you for your 5 star review! We were delighted to read your praise of our staff and breakfast service. Unfortunately due to our town centre location we have limited views available.

We hope to welcome you back again in the future

Customer Care Deparment

Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

Town centre hotel. Very noisy - loud karaoke from the bar could be clearly heard throughout the hotel and in our room. On another night a band were even louder and my bed shook with the bass - impossible to sleep. The hotel markets itself as a ‘venue’ for weddings and events so expect a lot of noise. We paid around 50% of the going rate - would have been furious if we’d paid the full price.

Friendly staff, good restaurant, good swimming pool and convenient location.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Scott W
celticroyalhotel, Guest Relations Manager at Celtic Royal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2017

Dear Scott,

Thank you for your positive comments regarding our staff and restaurant, as well as your praise of the pool and hotel location.

We sincerely apologise for the disruption during your stay. The manager on duty on this date did ask the entertainer to lower the volume. Had you informed reception we would have been able to offer you an alternative room in a different area of the hotel.

We hope that this does not deter you from visiting the Celtic Royal Hotel again

Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

Staff are friendly, hotel is a bit dated in parts, but is clean and has everything you'd need. Only minor gripes would be the limited choice of breakfast cereals, not having mugs in the room, tiny tv (in a weird place) and just 3 milk portions for a family of 4...im sure they'd have supplied more, but still. Would recommend. Pool was great for thr kids in the morning before we checked out.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Dear Melanie,

Thank you for your feedback. We were thrilled to read your compliments of the Celtic Royal Hotel staff and leisure facilities.

We would like to apologise if you did not have any cups in your room and will look into this matter. We would have been happy to provide additional milk had you informed reception.

We hope you will visit us again

Reviewed 26 October 2017

This is just a precis of the worst items I can remember - I also have photos should anyone be interested:
The lift didn't work throughout the time of our stay - 3 days / the corridors - all - were littered with dirty laundry bags and old mattresses / the room TV was at 90 degrees to the bed - only useful if you can look sideways! / the bedside lights were at odds with the bed, my wife's couldn't be reached & I hit my head on mine the moment I sat up! / the bathroom glass had a crack in it / the whole hotel was in semi darkness / the glass bath screen had been cemented to the bath - so the only way of testing the water was to get in it! / I could go on..................

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank roy p
Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

This hotel is just okay. The rooms are a bit drab, at least mine was. I guess the hotel has seen better days. The beds were comfortable and the bathroom adequate. There was little furniture and the two chairs were too big for the space. There is a pretty good gym and a nice pool, sauna, and steam room. Our stay was quiet. The desk failed to call us to wake up as we had requested. The food here was good. The staff was so so.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Liz G

Dear Liz,

Thank you for your review. We were pleased to read your comments regarding the Celtic Royal Hotel bathrooms and leisure facilities. We would like to apologise that you did not receive your morning call - please rest assured that we will look into this.