“AMAZZING” 5 of 5 bubbles

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“AMAZZING”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

it is so much fun, i can't believe that it's had so many bad reviews, i've been there loads of times, i've had birthday parties there, and my friend has booked the whole centre today because we're to old to go otherwise and it'll just be great, i hope it's still open when i have children so they can have the experience that i've had.

Visited February 2014

Prestatyn, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“A bit pricey but kids enjoyed it”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

We have only been once & found that we had to pay admission for 2 adults, we got a leaflet from our local asda but I don't recall seeing admission prices listed on it! Our little boy loved the toddler area & our older kids enjoyed the main play area but it was really busy & nowhere for adults to sit as the cafe area was full, not sure if we would go again at that time of year, maybe try going earlier when the holiday season starts

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“bit disapointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

Two big slides was its main attraction but at £22 for 3 children we thought it a bit pricey compared to other similar places.No real parking for it and had it been summer i think we would have really struggled.Staff were quite young and didnt really look interested.
We would not return

Visited December 2013
Cheshire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“This facility has HUGE potential and a captive audience (families on holiday) but the experience was a real let-down...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

This is a record of my correspondence with The Fun Centre...

STOCKTON: It is with disappointment and regret that I write but feel it's only fair that I share our observations. With the weather being so poor, we decided on a 25 mile journey to visit the fun centre having been impressed with your flyer ('award winning', 'star attraction'). However in our opinion, the flyer portrays the centre in a very different light in comparison to the experience of being there. Firstly, the admission charges are at the top end for such facilities but then charging for adults who have to be there with their children seems unreasonable (possibly explaining why there is no mention of pricing on the flyer?). Nonetheless, I can accept a £16-plus charge if the facility is exceptional provides value for money. In our opinion, however, this is/was not the case. It was overcrowded and claustrophobic; frustratingly, it appeared that no account was being taken for the number of people being admitted in comparison to those leaving. It just kept getting busier and busier...

Further, the toilet facilities (both male & female) were unclean and didn't appear to have been checked for several hours. Not pleasant. Most significantly, it says something when our boys (who love such facilities) ask to go home as 'it's too busy' and 'I can't really play'! As a family, we left feeling like we've been charged what we think is a lot of money for a most unpleasant 45 minutes. I would request that you consider a refund, if only for part of our admission charge.

FUN CENTRE: Thank you for your email regarding your visit to the fun centre. I am sorry you did not enjoy your visit, unfortunately for you and your family Saturday was a busy day due to the weather especially around 1-2pm, although it was busy at no time did we did not reach the capacity cut off point where we start to limit the time allowed in the fun centre, when this happens pa announcements are made calling out the different coloured wrist bands. The fun centre is an adventure play centre not a soft play area and the prices charged reflect this.

The toilets are checked on a regular basis throughout the day but as you can appreciate on a busy day it is very difficult to keep them spotless all the time, if a customer reports that they are in need of attention in-between check times then they are attended to immediately. With regard to a refund, unfortunately refunds can only be made by the duty manager at the time of leaving.

STOCKTON – 2nd response: I appreciate that you have a policy regarding numbers but in my/our opinion, there was very little room for children or adults to negotiate space on Saturday. I'm certainly glad we weren't there when it was 'near capacity' as we wouldn't have felt comfortable or safe! Is this threshold something that maybe needs reviewing? Just an observation. I'm aware and also appreciate that it's an adventure play centre, but so are those we visit regularly at home or when in London (and they're in competition) yet we would rarely pay such charges.

I also appreciate that you'll have a cleaning rota but with your staff visibly 'run off their feet' due to numbers, it was difficult to raise this point with them, hence my email. With reference to a refund, when we left there were several families waiting to be admitted, with one member of staff on the desk (at that moment) and the queue going out of the door. With a young family 'in-tow' myself, I was not going to consider raising my complaint at that point out of respect and understanding for how busy it was for you, again hence my decision to email.

FUN CENTRE – 2nd response: no further comment.

STOCKTON: Sadly we won't be returning and in all honesty, would struggle to recommend the facility to others.

The Stockton Family

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Phil-Lex-123
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Ace play centre. Huge drop slides!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

This play centre is awesome and just over the road from travelodge where we stayed. We have been to this play centre lots over the years of visiting Wales. It's perfect for young and older kids. Drop slides are mega scary. Kids don't mind but the grown ups struggle on their turn ;-) Food lovely and fresh. Good price. Accommodate my sons 25 allergies very well which is highly commendable. There's also laser quest and dodgems on higher floor. Definitely worth a visit and perfect on rainy days too.

Visited August 2013